Chapter 19

I'M BACK! okay, so I don't really know how long it has been since I last updated, but it feels like an absolute age!

But here's the next chapter now! I hope it has been worth the wait :)

*WARNING* okay, so I don't really know what to say about this, but if any of you are uncomfortable with violence or anything like that, just skip through the italic stuff at the beginning.  It won't like, ruin how you read the story, because it gets explained properly later. So yeah, I'm just saying, if you don't like that sorta stuff, skip the italics :)

Dedicated to EmilyFloyd because she has just been a total babe, and every single one of her comments makes me smile and keep me motivated :) so thanks! :)

anyway, I don't think I have anything else to say...

ENJOY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 19

Emily’s P.O.V

It was dark. And I was frightened. Everywhere I turned I was just met by never-ending darkness. I was so disorientated. I had no sense of where I was, or why I was there. Each slow footstep I took echoed around me, and shivers continued to rip up my spine due to the constant icy breeze that was hitting me. I continued to walk forwards, heart beating fast, breath coming in short gasps.

“Hello?” I called out. The only response I got was my voice echoing back at me. I don’t know how long it was that I continued to walk along through the darkness. I don’t know what I was searching for, or what I was doing. I just needed to keep moving.

My legs were aching, and my eyes were drooping, but I kept moving. I was scared. I couldn’t stop. Suddenly, up ahead of me, I spotted a tiny slither of light shining in the darkness. My hopes picked up, and so did my pace. I began to walk so fast that I was tripping over my feet. I needed to get to that light. I was desperate. I couldn’t take this darkness anymore.

The door was open slightly, and the light I saw earlier was shining out of the crack. I crept up to the door and hesitantly pushed it open. I wasn’t sure what was behind it, and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know. But I needed to escape this darkness, this coldness. I needed that light.

When I walked in, I looked round, taking in the dirty wooden floor, the grimy grey walls. The source of the light, a single bulb hanging from the middle of the ceiling, was swaying slightly, causing the room to have a sort of spinning effect.

At first, I thought I was alone, but as I continued to scan the room, I noticed something, or rather someone, huddled in the back corner, hidden slightly by the shadows. They had their legs tucked up, and their arms wrapped around them. I wasn’t sure, but I swear I could see their body shaking slightly.

I inched towards them, hesitantly and carefully. “Hello?” I whispered.

That’s when the face came into view, and I met those beautiful green eyes, those gorgeous curls. But the normally bright and alive eyes were now dull, wide and terrified.

“Emily?!” He whispered, his voice cracking.

“Oh my god, Harry!” I cried, stumbling forward and collapsing in front of him. I kneeled in front of him, placing my hands on his arms.