11th ツ

11th

“Honeymoon!” I exclaimed, and John instantly covered my mouth. I tried struggling, but he held his hand firmly. Unpleasant things flooded my mind, and I was horrified by what I was thinking.

John and I… in a honeymoon?

“Is there something wrong out there?” I heard my mom’s voice from afar, worried and prying at the same time.

“No problem around here, Mrs. Wilson,” John instantly replied, saving me all the trouble of creating another snag.

I struggled and freed myself from his grip. This time around, I lowered down my voice and hissed, “What are you saying? There's no honeymoon in the contract!”

“I know. I know. But your mother keeps on asking where we are going for the honeymoon. And my grandma...” he faltered, shaking his head in disbelief. “She...”

“Just what did your grandmother do yet again? She’s really getting on my nerves.”

“She told your mom that we're going to Lorkandas Mountains.”

I blinked twice, thinking if I heard him right. Mountains. Why was I included in something that involved a mountain? It didn’t seem to fit at all.

I faltered, “Um... Lorka... what?”

“Lorkandas Mountains,” he clarified.

Oh, I was doomed.

It was mountains indeed. My perfect ears heard them right. I was bound to be sent to the mountains by those people who wanted to do me nothing but absolute harm. Were they planning on abandoning me there or something?

“Why are we going to the mountains?” I sneered. “And first of all, why are we going to a honeymoon?”

“Your mom and Grandma. Can't you see the connection between the two?” John emphasized.

Mom and his grandma planning our 'romantic' getaway meant danger and harm followed by a total disaster. Why was my luck still bad? I already did everything I could to gain his forgiveness.

And so I exclaimed, “We have to do something!”

He nodded and we both walked, more like ran, towards the table where my mother and Dorothy were happily sipping their cup of tea while looking at a wedding magazine. And to my horror, the two were blissfully looking at the pages while chit chatting about our upcoming ‘honeymoon’. Giggles and laughter filled the fuzzy air.

“Oh, and look here. Kayla's fond of these horoscopes. Let's see hers for today,” said my mother, as she scanned the page and read aloud, “It's a great time for festivities and celebration. Don't forget to see the end of everything you do. No happy times should be taken for granted.”

“Is she?” added Dorothy. “Then I guess her horoscope fits her perfectly. This is such a festive time indeed.”

Shortly after, they noticed us standing a little farther away from the table. And instantly, they all looked very worried. Well, let me rephrase that by saying that my mom and Dad were sincerely worried. And Dorothy, well, she was, I was certain, only acting worried. If they saw us both turned into something white as corpses, that would explain everything.

“Are you two okay?” asked my mom.

I instantly thought of an answer, because I knew that prolonging it would not do us any good. The honeymoon part hadn't fully sunk in yet, but I reminded myself that this was all an act. I caught a deep breath and replied, “We're okay, just a little bit... excited... yeah, the honeymoon and stuff!”