Chapter 9

Within a few hours we arrived in what I presume was New Orleans. We were in a deserted parking lot and the sun was just barely rising. Elijah got out of the drivers seat and opened my door. Klaus was at my side the moment I stood up. Elijah shut my door and we all walked across the parking lot and down a few steps where we stopped in front of a black door. Klaus pulled out a key unlocking the door and opening it. I started to walk in, expecting it be a dusty old basement, but Klaus flicked on the light and I saw a large luxurious room. It had three chandeliers handing from the ceiling, the largest one was in the middle hanging over a sofa and a coffee table. There was a grand piano in the corner and next to it was a door that lead to a kitchenette. 

"Wow" I whispered.

Klaus smirked looking pleased. "Let me show you to your room." He said gesturing to the right. 

I followed him past the sofa and the china cabinet. He opened a door and led me into a room with a king sized canopy bed and nightstands on both sides. On the bed was a suitcase, I walked over and opened it. Inside was my clothes and toiletries.

"How did you get my things here?" I said turning around to look at him.

"I have my ways," Klaus said with another smirk.     

I nodded once and said "right" in a low voice. I felt creeped out at the thought of someone going through my things. 

I looked at Klaus who was standing with his hands behind his back. A few silent moments past and I smiled awkwardly. 

"Well I'll let you get settled then." Klaus said.

"Thanks."

Klaus shut the door and he started to talk to Elijah. 

"We are going to need help from a witch." I heard Klaus say. "But it's hard to find a witch that doesn't despise me."

"I might know of one," said Elijah.

"Who?"

"Her name is Rajah," Elijah told Klaus.

"Can you get her here?"

"I will make sure of it." 

"Good." Klaus said.

"Are you going to find Marcel? He might be able to help us." Elijah asked.

"No, no one should know we are here. It's too dangerous. Do you remember the last time Micheal found us? He burned down a bloody theater. We can't trust anyone no matter how long we have known them." Klaus said his voice becoming louder.

"I understand." Elijah said calmly. 

"Brother,  you must be discrete while finding this witch." Klaus's voice was quieter now.

"You have my word." I heard Elijah say. A split second later I heard the front door shut. 

I stayed in my room, unsure of what else to do. I looked over the various books that were in the bookshelf next to the door. I picked up one at random and opened it. A note fluttered out and I picked it up. I saw 'Niklaus' written on the front in delicate handwriting. Curious, I opened it, sat on my bed and scanned the contents. It was a love letter, written by someone by the name of Victoria and it was dated back to the 1700s. 

There was a knock on the door and I only had time to stand up and hide the note behind my back before Klaus walked in.

"Are you doing alright?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine. I was just reading."

He looked at the book on my bed and his eyes widened. Before I could react, Klaus pulled the note out of my hands and shoved it in his pocket.

"That's not yours to read," he growled.

"Who's Victoria?"

"No one that concerns you."

I huffed in annoyance. "It's dated hundreds of years ago so I was just curious as to why you kept it for so long. She must have meant a great deal to you if you kept her love letter to you."

Klaus's lips twitched. "Is that jealousy I hear in your voice?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're ridiculous," I turned away from him and he grabbed my waist.

He turned me around to face him and out of reflex, I placed my hands on his chest. He was so close, so close that I could feel his breath on my lips. His eyes were pouring into mine and I was frozen in place.

"You have nothing to be jealous of, you know. She's very much in my past. Besides, I have someone else that I've got my eye on." He rested his forehead against mine.

I swallowed, being this close to him it was a lot harder to be snarky and nonchalant. Especially when all I could think about was kissing him.

"Well, good," was all I managed to saw.

Klaus grinned and then he was kissing me. Slowly at first and then with more urgency. He pushed me up against the wall and his grip on my waist was bruising. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my hands in his hair. Klaus brought one of his hands up to my face and pressed us closer together.

Then the front door opened and Elijah was calling Klaus's name. Klaus pulled back and left the room without a word. Grinning, I rested my head against the wall and sighed trying to process what just happened. Then I shook my head in frustration. Well, that's going to complicate things.