ten

SIXTH YEAR—SEVENTEEN

"Happy birthday, Jimin!" Hana shouted, throwing her arms around him.

He caught her unconsciously by surprise. It was as if a voice in his mind told him to catch Hana.

"This is the only time I'll ever hug you, okay? It comes by once a year, so be thankful," Hana told Jimin.

Jimin chuckled, hugging her back.

It was his seventeenth birthday. Puberty hit him like a truck. His voice wasn't as deep as other male teenagers, but his body definitely developed.

Every girl noticed that and they flocked to him even more. Hana didn't really mind. She knew that Jimin would eventually get a girlfriend, but she hoped that it wouldn't get in the way of their friendship with each other.

She didn't know that the only girl Jimin wanted as a girlfriend was her.

Hana never noticed the longing looks he would give her from afar or the way he would purposely touch her on her shoulder or waist.

She only noticed the goofy smiles he always had and his slow brain that either made her pissed or laugh.

"Come on, let's go cut your cake," she told him, tugging his hand.

Jimin obediently followed after her, smiling behind her. He took a peek at her and saw a red cake that had a lion on it with his name.

Hana let go of his hand and eyed the knife, using magic to cut the cake. She didn't notice Jimin creep up behind her.

Jimin hugged her waist from behind, using his finger to swipe the cake, then put the frosting on her nose.

Hana squealed and wiggled her nose, swiping the cake and smudging the frosting across his cheek.

"Hey!" Jihoon shouted. "Save us some cake that doesn't have your germs all over it!"

Hana and Jimin reluctantly backed down and nodded, properly eating their cake.