Story of a stalker chapter 11

CARMICHAELS POV

We circled around the block so we knew that the crowd wouldn't have been able to follow us, they've got to still be at the church, the hire cars to take them home weren't due for at least another hour.

Yes, me and Ronin had just got married, but before we could even start to enjoy our new life together, we had a little detour to take. It only took us five minutes to get to Ronins parents house, the driver was confused about what we were doing, but we just told him that I had to get out of my dress, because I didn't want it to be ruined, which he surprisingly understood. I hurriedly walked up the driveway as Ronin held the bottoms of my white silk dress due to the thick mud on the concrete floor. We practically burst through the front door, nearly taking the door off it's hinges, as we both rushed up the stairs, side by side, towards the bedroom on the top floor, towards that cupboard.

My hand shook violently as it made it's way towards the door handle of the cupboard, the nerves inside of me becoming increasingly more jumpy. Myself and Ronin, scared to what state we might find the body inside is in. The door creaked open. Millimetre by millimetre, as I caught a glance at Ronin, those sweet-blue eyes always seemed to calm me down.

It seemed like the door was taking forever to open, making us anticipate the upcoming view even more than we should have. When it opened, the gasps coming from both mine and Ronins mouth could have definitely been heard if somebody had been around. Because, before us, where the body should have been laying, there lay a small teddybear. Not a full one, the part that was missing was pretty much ironic. The part of the chest on the teddybear, where the heart would have beat in a human being, was cut out, nowhere to be seen.

Ronin must have left me as I was examining the teddybear, because now, I could hear him on the floor below, shouting so loud, I bet those down the street could have heard him.

RONINS POV

Shit, where the hell was he. He didn't have a pulse when we left him, I checked and double-checked about five times. Shit. What if somebody had found out, but why would they leave that toy in the closet. Now, whoever was doing this was just playing games with us, and it had to end, right now. I raced from room to room, shouting at the top of my lungs, checking under every bed, every desk, in every little cupboard. I searched everywhere, no-one. Not even any signs of Rydens body.

“Come on man, it's not even funny! Stop playing games. Come out and fight like a man you sick bastard”

I shouted the same thing again and again, in each room, several times. But still I had no reply, and I didn't have any luck in finding any clues as to who was trying to play games with me and Carmichael either.

“Ronin, just leave it. There's nobody here. Lets just go, now. Please?” The pain and fear in her eyes was easily recognisable, I couldn't help but just want to life her up into my arms and never let her go. The smile on her face had faded, replacing it was a small frown, something which I never liked to see. Tears were streaming down her face, the little make-up she had put on this morning slowly starting to run along with the tears. I could see that all this was troubling her and that she was extremely afraid. Even her hair was mess, due to her probably running her hands through the soft curls which were once pinned into a bun at the top of her head. Despite all of this, in my eyes, she was still the most beautiful woman on earth.

“Babe, we can do whatever you want. I'm sorry, for all of this. I love you so much, do you know that?” The smile returned on her face, making me forget about this whole -Rydens body is gone- incident.

“Even If you didn't, you're stuck with me now” She laughed slightly as I picked her up and spun her around. She had even managed to get changed into some shorts and a tank-top. Wow. This girl is amazing, she may make jokes at such inappropriate times, but she makes me happy, she lightens the mood, she is mine.

After I had cleaned up Carmichaels face from all the make-up and tears, we made our way back to the limo. Finally starting out new life together, finally becoming Mr and Mrs Thomas.

“So, where we going for the honeymoon?” Carmichael had always been so inquisitive.

“Can't tell you that babe, you'll just have to wait and see. It's a surprise” She just nodded, grinned and rest her head in the groove of my neck, my arms wrapped around her shoulders, her arms wrapped around her waist. I found myself falling asleep, after watching Carmichael fall asleep first. This was my first sleep as a married man. Now, I was falling asleep, feeling like the happiest man alive as my beautiful bride slept silently beside me, our hands entwined together, our hearts beating together at the same time.