My Hero

*Chris POV*

I stood there with fear overwhelming me. I didn't know what else to do... I just looked into Jacobs eyes and cried. Jacob looked at the terrorist. I followed his action.

_*BANG!!*_

I hit the ground with a thud. I don't remember the rest...

------------------------------------------

I woke up in a white room. There was a bright light in front of me. I saw a guy with a white robe and shining a light into my eyes. I jumped up thinking I was dead.

"Calm down... stay still please," The guy must've been a doctor. I relaxed.

"Kid, you've been asleep for two days. Do you remember everything that happened? You know... about the attack?" He said in a soothing voice. It was almost like Jacob's..... Jacob!!

"WHERES JACOB!!??" I yelled. My heart monitor started racing.

The doctor pushed my back into the bed. I fought back.

Eventually, I calmed down enough to listen to the doctor.

"Jacob... the one that saved your life or the one that was brutally beaten and killed. There's a lot of furs injured or killed in the attack," the doctor asked.

Well, that didn't help. I know I'm alive. He might be dead. For all I know... I made him a promise though. I'd stay happy. He's always in my heart.

"Doc, how am I supposed to know? His name is Jacob... he's a wolf. Brown fur. Green eyes...." I said frantically.

"Ok. He's the one who saved your life. He's down the hall. He's been shot 6 times. We don't know if he'll make it. He is in very critical shape. The hit were most worried about is the bullet to his head and neck. Doctors are currently examining the damage. At this moment though, he is alive," I just broke down in tears before he finished. Jacob was shot 6 times. Two of them could be fatal. And he did it for me...   I know as soon as we're out of the hospital, I will make sure he knows how loved he is.

------------------------------------------

Two days later, I was out. The kids that survived the attack were transferred to the school down the road. It wasn't as big but it was packed. I attended and got a lot of dirty looks. They had all seen me naked on stage and were disgusted. I don't know why they judged me, I was forced to give up my life. After humiliation. It's ridiculous how some furs think. Although, I did earn a few friends and hugs and pats on the back for my bravery. Even though I was scared shitless.

My first period class was scary. Every noise I heard made me jump. The original students of the school kept teasing me and clapping right behind my ear and scaring me. If only I had Jacob. He'd teach them a lesson. My mom, Christina, was on vacation and heard about this. She wasn't taking it too well. She canceled the rest of her vacation and was on her way back. She didn't know I was in a relationship either. So that would be something to add on. Maybe she'd feel a little better. I know she loved me to death as would do anything for me. I loved her as well.

By lunch, I had only one friend that would talk to me. He was a bit shy. He kinda reminded me of Nick. He was a black wolf with red on the end of his tail. He mentioned something about being in the J.R.O.C.T last year and is in the ROTC now. He was interesting. He didn't talk a whole lot though. He did get very excited and jumped a lot when lunch came around. He was almost identical to Nick in personality.

"You're quiet," I said to him.

"Yeah.... I don't have much to say," he replied.

"I never got your name... May I ask what it is?" I started eating my lunch.

"Oh... sorry.. I'm Andrew," he said kinda blushing and looking down at the table.

"I'm Chris. And is everything ok?" I was concerned for him. He didn't seem himself. I didn't know him very well, but I know that someone can't be _that_ shy.

"Yeah... it's just.. I'm not used to having friends. Nobody talks to me..." he said playing with his tail. I could tell he didn't want to make eye contact.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Promise me you won't hurt me?" He said finally looking at me.

"I promise," I said listening for what he has to say.

"I'm bi..." he blushed and hid his face.

"Hun, its fine. I'm not bi but I'm not straight either. I'm gay. I know how you feel. I'm here. I'll be your friend," I said grabbing his paw. He smiled and started to eat.

Maybe it won't be so bad here. Especially when Jacob gets out of the hospital.

The day ended with no pain. I was happy that I met Andrew. Nick, Mist and Carly had moved away. Their parents wanted nothing to do with this area. I missed them. Most of all, I missed Jacob. He was dear to my heart. I made sure to give the doctor my number if he either passed away or he's awake. I wanted to know first hand. I called Jacob's parents after school. They were upset. His dad was the one on the phone. He had a southern accent that was kinda funny to me. I didn't grow up with the accent. He didn't sound like he cared too much. I knew he did though. Jacob's mom was in tears. They cancelled their vacation and headed home.

That left my mom. Christina. She should be home by now. So that's where I went.