Guess What?

*Chris POV*

I got home and found my mom on the couch watching replays of the news from the attack. Tears were running down her face.

"Mom...?" I said in a caring voice.

She looked at me and broke out in tears. She got up and hugged me like she was a bear. Wolves have tight hugs I guess. Mom was a brown wolf. Not too much detail, but she was pretty. I didn't have a dad. He decided to give up on us. He left and later we found out he passed away in a work accident. "I'm so sorry..." She said.

"It's not your fault, mom..." I reassured.

I got a phone call. I looked at the number and it was te doctor. My heart skipped a beat. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this Chris?"

"Yes, it is,"

"We have news about Jacob,"

"Ok... what is it,"

"We need you to come to the hospital so we can tell you. So you will understand,"

"Oh... ok,"

"I'm sorry, Chris,"

With that, the doctor hung up.

"Mom... I have to go. I'll be back."

I left. I ran all the way to the hospital. I burst through the door and to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Doctor Reynolds!" I was out of breath but I survived. The tiger made a phone call and said he'd be right out. I sat down in the lobby and grabbed a coloring book. I began to color. I haven't colored in years. It made me smile to bring back memories.

"Chris?" I heard a voice say.

I turned around. It was Doctor Reynolds. "That's me..."

"Come with me,"

I follow him into a office room. "Yes sir?"

"Ok. I'm going to be blunt with you. You love your boyfriend, right?"

"Right..." I replied.

"He told me to tell you, to stay with your dreams. To live them. He gave me this to give to you," he handed me a letter.

I opened and here's what it said;

Dear Chris,

I love you. You are my heart that floods the streets. I love you so much. I ask you one thing, you never give up. I just woke up from a coma. I was told I won't make it. I want you to know that you'll always have a piece of me with you. I want to tell you something else too, I left a gift for you in my ca

The letter ended abruptly...

"That's it?!" I squealed.

He hands me a piece of paper. The title.... omg... guess what? The title read "Time of birth to time of death". I threw the paper across the room and threw my chair at the doctor. He calmly sat me on the floor.

"I don't believe it. Let me see him... please..." I said beginning to cry.

"Ok, follow me," He led me to an elevator. We took it to an underground level and when it opened, I saw a big room. I spotted Jacob lying on a bed with no clothes. He wasn't breathing. I stood beside his bed and looked at him. I picked his limp arm up and dropped it. He really was gone... I couldn't believe it... I dropped to my knees and bawled my eyes out. I lost him... he was only 17. We had just gotten together. We had a strong beginning. Now it's over. I had nothing left.

"Time to go buddy," The doctor said gently.

"GO AWAY! I'm not leaving him... not until I have to..." I snapped. I climbed up on the bed and sat on Jacobs mid section. I felt at his fur and cried into his chest.