Prologue

Gaster and Grillby had grown up in a village filled that sheltered both humans and monsters. They could lay in the grass and allow the sun rays to hit them perfectly in the face without a human giving every ounce of their strength to worsen their lives. It was all so peaceful, Gaster hadn't known the feel of pure hatred, the sensation of tightness in his chest and numbness in his soul when watching a fellow soldier fall and crumble to dust. Grillby hadn't felt the Indescribable pain that would soon haunt his dreams. He had yet to learn how to cope with the amount of pressure, responsibility, and fear that sat on his shoulders building up every day. They hadn't, to go back to the good old days was like asking for the water you cupped in your hand to stay.

Gaster's Pov

Gaster racked his brain for some useful information to put down on his test, all he could think of was the names of the seven souls. Integrity, patience, kindness, Justice, bravery, perseverance, and determination. Gaster lifted his chin off his hand and scanned the room for anyone else showing signs of struggle. Grilby seemed to be doodling off the side of his paper, gaster tryed to
Muffle his laugh when seeing what Grillby was drawing.
"Gaster! Eyes on your own paper!" Screamed his teacher from behind him. Feeling his magic gather in his cheeks he turned his eyes to his own paper. He could hear some students snicker beside him but decided not to investigate. Next question, 'What soul can only be occupied by one person?'
Finally a question Gaster knew, Determination! Gaster excitedly scribbled down his answer, he looked up again shielding his eyes from the sun rays booming into the small classroom. Time ticked on as Gaster and his classmates filled in every answer.
"Alright , alright! That should be enough time to finish your quizzes!" Yelled Gaster's teacher. Reluctantly Gaster handed his test forward he hadn't had time to check over his answers but he was confident he aced the test. He had spent all night studying for this, if he got a score higher than 97% he could take a basic training class. When the clock chimed for their departure Gaster sprang from his seat and waited for Grillby to collect his things.
"Gaster if you get anymore excited you might pee yourself! Calm down!" Laughed Grillby after pulling his head from inside his desk. Gaster was flabbergasted
"I do NOT pee my pants, I'm 16!"Said Gaster sounding astounded. "By 16 humans and monsters should know how to control their body-"
Grillby laughed only harder
"Is only a joke my friend"
Gaster forced a chuckle, the last of the humans he took class with grabbed their bags and laughed at each other and when crossing Gaster on their way to the door, they gave him a anxious look and hurried off.
"Can I ask a question?"
"Fire away,"
Gaster turned his head towards the element in complete shock.
"You didn't!"
"Oh I did" laughed Grillby grabbing his bag,
"Anyway, what's the question wing-ding."
Gaster kinda felt silly for even thinking this but he couldn't help but feel that something was off, humans were cringing away from the monsters. Not to long ago did the mayor of Ebott city announce the first 'Monster free' village.
"H-Have you noticed that the humans are backing..away from us?" Stuttered Gaster, of course Grillby was going to deny this. Grillby is friends with at least half of the human population and Grillby has a very positive mindset and always thinks the best. The exact opposite of Gaster really, but yet they still hang out and train with each other.
"Yes, I've noticed too. But I had hoped it was for a good reason and not because they are fearing us" Grillby stated, Gaster stopped walking. He wouldn't have thought in any of his lifetimes that Grillby would think exactly what Gaster was, hearing that the most positive monster he knew know somethings wrong created a pit of  despair in his stomach.
"Gaster? Are you alright my friend?" Asked the element turning his head towards Gaster his flames rising in worry. Gaster clutched his soul and nodded
"All right," he choked out dropping his hand and walking up to Grillby.

A/N
Hey guys! Thank you so much for trying to read this, I know there are a lot of faults but I promise to make it better. Once you finish reading could you do me a favor and comment if I should continue this story or not. Bye!