Chapter 24

"Maya!"
My eyes were barely opened but I could see everyone was crowding around me, worry clear in their faces.

"Maya! Wake up!"
My gaze slowly shifted to the source of the voice. It was Taehyung's. He's probably the one who looked scared and panicked the most as his eyes were wide, tight, and worried with cold sweats running down from his hair.

.

"Maya! "

.

.

Maya

I shot opened my eyes. I was at home again.

________________________________

I looked around again and I'm pretty darn sure I am in my room. There's my old bed by the window, a mural of a tree that I've painted of every color of fall leaves imaginable and a few more besides. From every wall smiled black and white photographs of myself growing up. How the golden rays of the late afternoon sun fell slanting through the window.

"Am I dreaming? Or was I dreaming all this while? What kind of dream inception is this ?!"
I thought to myself.

I then suddenly heard the sound of quick footsteps coming from the hallway. Cautiously, I tip-toed my way out of the room, to see who it was. But no one was there. Just as I was about to enter my room again, I saw a small, child-like figure ran past through in the hallway. I could feel the adrenaline flooding through my system like it's on an intravenous drip - right into my blood at full pelt. I could barely move. I was stuck and frozen on my feet.

"I don't specifically remember living in a haunted house. Did I awakened some kind of demonic entity residing in this house when I blasted Big Bang songs out loud from the speaker before? Did Aunt Wiwik brought home one of those Ouija boards and somehow brought a ghost insise the house? Or is this just a nightmare and I'm having it because I had that chocolate milk before bed? Well it better be one because I don't play with demons."

After talking/blaming myself for at least a minute, I've finally summon all the courage I have to walk out the door again to see what it was

After talking/blaming myself for at least a minute, I've finally summon all the courage I have to walk out the door again to see what it was. There stood a little girl dressed in a cute, floral-pinafore dress and those adorable pink kids walking shoes. And a silky fuscia-colored ribbon embedded within the mop of brown curls covering her head. I then cautiously made my way towards to approach her.

"Hey there.. buddy. You seem like a cute kid and I don't think ghosts are supposed to look this adorable in real life. Are you lost?"
I asked rather awkwardly, drawing near towards the strange child.