Chapter 7

Lost at Sea

Chapter 7

Questions

     The Triplets were currently walking through a forest, each lost in their own thoughts. Wanda and Pietro let Alene lead since it seemed like she knew where she was going. Wanda exchanged worried and questionable glances with her brother. They had a bad feeling about this.

     "Alene?" Wanda asked as she stopped walking. The other two stopped as well. "Do you know what you are doing? Where are we going, anyway?"

     Alene didn't turn around. She kept her back to her family. "Not exactly," She couldn't lie to them.

     "Then why are we going?!" Pietro snapped. His sudden outburst made her jump.

     "Pietro," Wanda was calm as she approached him. "Calm down. See, you startled her." She put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

     He slowly nodded his head. He turned back to Alene. When he addressed her again he spoke in a more relaxed tone. "Why are we doing this, Alene? What did you see?"

     Alene let out a shaky breath. She turned her body a bit but didn't completely face them. She was only turned enough that they could see her face and the emotion written all over it.

     "Alene?" Wanda took a step forward. She could tell that the girl's recent vision has had a deep effect on her. Wanda was her sister after all. They have spent the past ten years together. She could read Alene like a hawk.

     "Fire. It was everywhere, surrounding me." Alene's voice cracked as she recalled her vision. "I looked all around, screamed for somebody- anybody to save me, but nobody came. I heard a deep, robotic laugh from behind me. I couldn't see much through the thick smoke, but I did see a dark silhouette walking towards me. He continued to hackle as the world around me burned."

     "He?" Pietro asked.

     "Yes," Alene slowly nodded her head up and down. "He."

     Wanda knitted her eyebrows together, "What do you mean 'he'? You said you couldn't see anything because of the smoke so how could you tell they were a he?"

     Alene didn't respond. She had no answer. "Who is this 'he'?" Pietro asked.

     "Ultron," There was that name again. Wanda and Pietro had no idea who this 'Ultron' was, but he had to be trouble if Alene was having visions of him. She had never had visions about a certain person before. Like all the other volunteers, she had the occasional nightmares of when she received her 'medicine'. Pietro and Wanda always held Alene in their arms after she would wake up from a nightmare. She, being her prideful self, claimed their embrace helped calm her down a little, but they knew they were the only reason she calmed down.

     Humans are at the most at ease when they are asleep. Worries slip away and the mind can finally rest after a long day. Sleep in the best time for scientists to have a look at the brain. Though she was no scientist, Wanda used this to her advantage.

     One night while Alene was asleep, she looked into her mind. She knew that it was wrong of her to invade her privacy, but she wanted- no needed to know what would happen to her when she went behind those iron doors.

     Wanda would never forget what she witnessed through Alene's memories. Pietro awoke with a jerk to find his sister weeping uncontrollably. He begged her to tell him what was wrong, but she refused.