Epilogue

Avenger's Compound, Upstate New York, six days later...

    "I'm not so sure if I can do this, Wanda." She put it simply. She and her 'sister' were sitting in Wanda's room, talking about everything that has happened to them over the past few weeks. 

    "He's your father, Alene," Wanda said. The girl was going by her birth name, Mariana, now, but Wanda insisted on calling her Alene. Mariana didn't mind. In fact, she rather enjoyed her calling her by the name she and Pietro gave her ten years ago. Besides, it'll be un-natural for Wanda to call her something completely different. "If we were having this conversation a few weeks ago it'll be different, but now he is your legal guardian. You have to move with him."

    "But what about you?" Mariana objected. She got up from the bed and started to pace about the room.  "It's only been two weeks since you know who's death. If I leave now, I'll feel like I'm abandoning you to grieve on your own." 

    "Alene, you are not abandoning me. I know that." Wanda tried to reassure her younger sister. "I'm okay; I'm doing better. Besides," She reached out and grabbed ahold of Mariana's arm, stopping her nervous prancing. "Pietro would want you to go with Steve. This is all he ever wanted for you. He wanted you to be a kid and have a semi-normal life away from Hydra." She smiled at her. 

    Mariana stared into Wanda's eyes, trying to find the lie and hidden pain in them, but all she saw was happiness and the proudness. She sighed in defeat, giving in. 

    Wanda's smile grew. She pulled her younger 'sister' into a bearhug. She let out a small oof in surprise when she knocked into her chest. Wanda sighed. "I'm going to miss you."

    "I'm going to miss you too." Mariana's voice was muffled from Wanda's shirt. "A lot." 

     The two stood there in silence for a few more minutes, relishing the time left together before she had to go. 

    All too soon, a stern knock racked across the door. 

    Too quickly for Mariana's liking, Wanda pulled away from the door. Before she could say anything, she bent down and kissed the top of her head. She smiled at the girl, "Don't cause him too much trouble now, Alene." 

    Mariana smirked, "I can't promise anything." 

    Wanda laughed. "Get outta here," She said playfully. 

~{++}~

    Tears came to her eyes when she saw what awaited her as she walked into the living area.

    The entire team, excluding Thor and her father, were there, waiting for her. 

    Her hands flew to her mouth. "Guys..." She said, trying to hold back tears. "You didn't have to wait for me. I already said my goodbyes last night." 

    Natasha smiled guiltily at her. "We know. We just wanted to catch you before you left." 

    Not being able to help herself, she ran and wrapped her arms around the red-heads waist. "Thank you, Nat." She mumbled into her shoulder. 

    "You're welcome, Mari." She replied. The old nickname coming out like second-nature. "Don't forget to train." 

    Mariana laughed as she pulled away. She nodded. "I will." She walked over to Sam.

    "You know, I'm not one for goodbyes so-" He was cut off by being submerged into another bearhug. 

    "It's fine, Sam. You said everything perfectly last night."