p a r t t w o

(Y/M/N) = Your Mom's Name

(Y/S/N) = Your Sister's Name

(You can make up the names if you want)

The plan was simple if you spent as much time studying, preparing, and training for it as we had. We had already chopped down the tree a few miles away from the village holding our people. In doing this, we made the ice nation grounders think we were there. But as they sped towards that location, we were already driving to their village. Monty had created bombs out of gunpowder for us to place around the camp. We would sneak in as the night watches changed for the hour. After the bombs would be set, we would split up, half of us going to the building that held those being rescued and the other half would quietly take out the guards and bring the car around. The bombs were mostly just a precaution just in case we ran into any trouble.

I turned the headlights off as we neared the camp. The others had been quiet for a while. All of our nerves were on edge, our minds ready to jump at anything that moved. We all were scared and just ready to get it over with.

I pulled the car over and sighed, taking the keys out of the ignition. Kane looked at me while I stuck the keys in my pocket. Nervousness in his eyes as he nodded at me. It was time to go.

Kane and I quickly got out of the car, closing the doors as quiet as possible. Through the dark, thick woods, you could see the dim lights from the fires around the camp. I walked around back, shifting my backpack and slinging my assault rifle around my arm as I opened the doors to the back, letting out the rest of the group.

The fires started to get brighter through the trees as we walked along the edge of the cliff, keeping as far from the front line of guards as possible, but getting closer and closer to the village nonetheless. Kane signaled for us all to slow down and crouch as we neared the first guards post. We all got down in a single-file line, waiting for the next signal. Kane checked his makeshift moon-dial watch on his wrist.

"Should be any second now." He whispered, pointing two fingers forward, telling us to slowly move forward. We stayed in the line as we crawled along. The sound of life soon filled our ears as the camp became closer and closer. My heart was beating out of my chest, I had completed missions like this before but I still couldn't help the nervous feeling in my stomach. I wiped my hands on my pants as Kane signaled for us to stop again.

Everyone looked around, scoping the area in front, behind and to the side of the group. I heard a rustling sound, coming from the tree a few dozen feet in front of us. I tapped Kane's shoulder and pointed it. We had been traveling under a fallen tree, where the lights from the campfires and moon couldn't reach. So the grounder climbing down from the large oak would not have been able to see us.

We waited, fear painted across our chests as we prayed that the grounder would not look over. He dropped to the ground, cracking his neck. He turned and taking one last look at the area before walking back to camp. It was time to move.

Kane signaled for us to go. We jumped up, moving as quickly and quietly as we could. My heartbeat was in my ears, my thighs aching as we made our way towards the village. The camp became clearer as we entered. Little huts made of sticks and cloth sat in front of us with grounders walking in and out. A large campfire sat in the middle, while torches hung from trees. Two large buildings sat next to each other on the edge of the camp, the armory and the building  that would be the jail.

We made our way along the outside of the camp in silence, setting the bombs at every other hut.

As neared the next hut, the door swung open in front of Miller, causing him to walk into it. Bellamy grabbed him, throwing him behind the last hut as we crouched and hid behind it also. The grounder that came out looked around, confused as to what made the sound.