p a r t e l e v e n

special thanks to @TheNameIsZeth for the awesome book cover ❤️
not proof read

Your POV

Before I even opened my eyes, my hand was wrapped around my gun, my middle finger switching the safety off. I whipped my arm around, snapping my eyes open at whoever was intruding, my trigger finger ready and already slightly squeezed.

"Woah, Y/N. It's me." My half-asleep eyes adjusted and focused on a tall, dark figure standing in the opening of the cave. His hands were up in surrender and he looked nervous.

"What the hell, Bellamy." I groaned, letting my gun drop to the floor. He let out a sigh of relief and cautiously walked in.

"Everyone's looking for you guys, you were supposed to meet us at the trading depot." He scolded and I fell back into bed, reaching over for Octavia's warm body but feeling my heart drop in the process. She wasn't there. I sat up again, looking all around me and not seeing the dark haired girl anywhere. Raven laid a few feet from me, knocked out.

"Where's Octavia?" I frantically said, feeling my heart rate skyrocket as I stood up and continued to look around.

"O? She's outside taking inventory." Bellamy said. I furrowed my eyebrows. If she was outside, that meant she woke up. I ran through the cave entrance, dodging the jutting rocks and making sure not to slide on the damp floor.

I burst through the cave entrance and was met with bright sunlight and the sound of chirping birds. I squinted my eyes, taking in the green forest canopy, and breathing in the fresh air. I could feel myself relax when I saw the girl I had been worried about, crouched over a few guns and random stuff that we would probably need.

A twig cracked under me foot and her head snapped towards me. The gauze was still wrapped around her head and she had a bit of blood splotched on it. Her eyes met mine as she slowly stood up and faced me. She was okay. That's all I needed to know.

Before I could even think, my legs carried me swiftly to her and my arms involuntarily wrapped around her waist. I closed my eyes, digging my face into the crook of her neck. I could feel her hesitate before she finally, slowly wrapped her arms around my neck. I focused on Octavia, letting my happiness overwhelm me as I breathed in the forestry scent of her hair.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you're okay." I huffed, pulling back so I could get a look at her familiar eyes. My smile faded and I could feel my anger rise a bit. I pushed her slightly, making her stumble back. "If you ever do something that stupid again, I won't even wait for a grounder. I'll kill you myself."

She laughed and rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around my neck again and resting her head on my chest.

"I'm glad you're okay too, Y/N." I remembered how her bandage had some blood on it, so I pulled back from her and held her face on both of my hands, tilting it down and getting a better look.

The blood had seeped through al three layers, but it wasn't horrible. Although, she would need a change of bandages before we left.

"Here, let me change your bandages so it doesn't get infected or something." I said and met her eyes that had been watching me with a soft gaze. I felt my heart flutter, seeing the way she was looking at me. I gulped and wrapped my arm around her shoulders protectively as we both walked back into the cave.

Raven was still knocked out on the floor as we entered, and Bellamy had started a fire and was roasting some brown eggs he must've found earlier. He nodded to us as we walked in and I could feel the tension between him and Octavia still. I sent him a tight-lipped smile before walking Octavia over to the bed and sitting her down.