p a r t t w e l v e

"Hey." I said softly. Raven jumped a little, causing her to drop whatever she was holding. She tensed up and picked it up from the ground before setting it back on the rack. She slowly turned to face me, but her eyes didn't meet mine once, awkwardly flicking between things behind or around me.

"What, now you can't even look at me?" I joked, trying to sound lighthearted to lighten the tension a bit. Of course it didn't work. She sighed and looked down, bringing her hands together. "That was a joke." I tried and a little smile appeared on her lips before vanishing just as fast as it formed.

Her eyes finally met mine when she looked at me, but I was taken back by the amount of pain that swam through them. They looked the same as the day I left her. Had she not made any progress? My lips parted in surprise and again, she looked away.

I knew the feeling the bubbled in my stomach every time Raven looked at me well, and it was still there. But the thing that worried me the most was that the same feeling had developed with Octavia.

I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off when Monty bursted through the depot door, forcing both Raven and I to look at him.

"Y/N!" He huffed, bending over and putting his hands on his knees. "You need to come outside. Like right now." He said seriously and I gulped. Would we ever get a break? I glanced at Raven quickly, who looked like she had something to say. I ignored the temptation to forget what Monty said and quickly walked through the door.

Outside, I was met with a cross roads. On one side stood my group, facing a group of grounders on horses. At the front of the grounder pack sat Lexa atop her high horse. She stared down at Clarke, anger burning in her dark eyes, but her expression seemed cold. Clarke stared back at her with the same amount of venom.

Shit.

"Lexa!" I called, bringing the dark haired commander's eyes towards me. Lexa had been my secret mentor when Octavia and I had been captured last summer. I had helped Octavia escape but unfortunately I was stuck waiting for her to bring back help. Lexa pretended to be a young girl who would bring me food and water, and apparently I intrigued her enough not to kill me.

She was very unimpressed with my combat skills back then though.

As Lexa's eyes burned into my own, I couldn't see the familiar friendliness that usually inhabited them when she looked at me. So I decided to keep it just business.

"Skaifaya gona, yu na kom op kom osir nau. (Star warrior, you will come with us now.)" She ordered, stepping down from her horse and taking off her long leather coat.

"Chit ste disha hashta, heda? (What is this about, commander?)" I asked cautiously as Clarke walked over to me. Lexa looked at me again and the anger was still there, but instead of how I expected it to be, boiling and festering and causing her chest to rise as she took deep breaths, it was a heartless, emotionless steel that cut through me cleanly.

"I had been told of one who had been pierced with an Azgeda arrow, and had fallen sixty feet into the Neclartic River." She took a step towards me, slowly unsheathing her long sword before resting the tip at the base of my neck.

I saw Octavia rush forward, but Bellamy grabbed her arms and held her back before she could get anywhere.

"A man of the sky had found his way back, seeking revenge, and with madness in his eyes, had killed an apprentice of a village medical. A small boy." She continued, pressing the sword harder into my neck so it stung a bit. I held her gaze, clenching my jaw as I tried to push away the nervous churning in my stomach.

That's what Kane had done.

"Lexa." Clarke warned, but Lexa just shot her a sharp look before looking make at me.

"And yet, the one lives. Rendering the boy's death meaningless." She moved the sword over so it sat on my shoulder and I discreetly let out the breath I was holding.

I went to push the blade off of me, tired of this whole charade Lexa was keeping up. To my surprise, Lexa slashed her sword, causing the tip to cut across my face before finding itself back upon my shoulder.

My head whipped to the side as my hand cane up to cup my cheek. I could feel the cut and the warm blood slightly oozing from it. I felt my own anger build up but knew if I tried anything, it was suicide.

"She had nothing to do with that boy's spilled blood." Clarke stated, taking a step forward so she was slightly in front of me. Lexa's eyes were still cutting into me, any trace of loyalty or trust wiped away from something I didn't even do.

"How does she live then? She killed four warriors and fell to her supposed death, yet still breathes in the air that they no longer touch!" Lexa yelled loudly, taking us all aback.

"What did you expect me to do? Let them kill me? I barely made it out alive!" I yelled back, causing everyone to look back at me.

"Yu na nou chich op de heda dei de edei! (You will not speak to the commander that way)" One is the grounders on horses yelled, jumping off and strutting towards me. Lexa held up her hand, forcing the grounder to reluctantly stop.

"Chil daun, o ai na don yu melon gon spei. (Stand down, or I will have your head on a spike)" Lexa said calmly, causing the grounder to heave with anger.

"Lexa," Clarke said softly, taking a step towards her girlfriend, "Whatever Kane did that night was unknown to us. Half of Arkadia was mourning Y/N's death, nobody had any idea."

"You say you were mourning her death, and yet she is standing in front of me."

My cheek stung a bit and I could feel the blood start to drip from it but I'd had worse. I could see Raven at the front of the group, her eyes on me. She looked scared.

"And you say she had nothing to do with it, but just a sunrise before, she had killed our people." Lexa continued, pressing the sword back to my neck.

"Heda, emo trana frag op ai. (Commander, they tried to kill me) I had no choice but to defend myself." I said calmly.

"Am I wrong that you and Oktevia kom skaikru killed two more guards before letting out prisoners of the state-"

"They weren't prisoners, they were skaikru!" Octavia cut Lexa off, trying to fight against Bellamy's hold. Lexa watched her emotionlessly.

"Are you saying they aren't ours? They are apart of the 13th clan, and nobody is above the law. Hon daun she. (take her)" Lexa ordered. Two guards jumped down from their horses and walked over to Octavia and Bellamy. Bellamy pushed his little sister behind him and grabbed his gun from his waistband.

"No, Octavia didn't kill anybody." I said, causing Lexa to push the sword farther into my skin. "I killed both of them." Octavia looked at me incredulously.

"No, she's lying." She tried but you could hardly hear her over the yells of the group as Lexa let the grounder she was holding back go.

He smacked me with the butt of his axe, causing me to grunt in pain and fall to the ground. The group continued to protest but even louder, and still he grabbed my hands and tied them together quickly  before roughly grabbed my arm and dragging me over to his horse.

"Let's be rational here, you have Kane!" Clarke tried but Lexa ignored her, turning around swiftly and climbing up onto her horse. The grounder tied a rope to my 'handcuffs' from the saddle on his horse.

"She will be put on trial along with Kane in three days time. Clarke you are only allowed, and if you want to attend you must come with us now." Lexa said quickly? Grabbing the reins of her horse and getting it ready to leave.

Clarke looked over at the group who were all watching her intently. She shook her head and stepped up, climbing onto the horse behind Lexa.

"Gyon ai! (go)" Lexa ordered to her horse and they turned and started off, with the rest of the horses behind them. They weren't going super fast so I could walk along with them.

I sent Octavia a look saying 'I'll be alright' before catching Raven's eyes. She looked as if she might break down. I just really hoped she could find the strong girl she used to be somewhere inside of her.