Adventure in the Field

It was just another day of walking through the various crop fields for two average peasant girls. Kacen and Rosie had always hoped to go to the castle. However, their angry and cold hearted parents wouldn't let them go. Every now and then, they would spot movement in the tallest corn field. Kacen wouldn't ever seem to care, and she always goofed off playing with the cows and horses in the pasture. Rosie, was rather curious, though.

She had never been the type to wait around all day, so she decided to head out in to the corn field.

"Kacen! Kacen! I will see you later! I'm going to go on an adventure!"

Kacen was riding her horse around the meadow and heard Rosie.

"Alright! I'll be here!" She yelled back as she was galloping around. Kacen was rather fond of her horse, Griff, but Rosie never rode her horse as much as she used to.

"Goodbye! I will be back in time for supper!"

Rosie grabbed her small burlap bag and ran out in to the field, pushing through the long crops.

"Do you want your horse?!" Kacen chased after her on Griff, with Rosie's horse behind.

"Wait! I actually wanna' go this time!" She laughed and made the horses run faster.

"I don't need her, but I guess it wouldn't hurt this time!"

Rosie stopped and turned around. She walked past Kacen and Griff and mounted her horse, Luna.

She made sure she was in the lead, and let Luna trot through the small path they found as a barrier to separate the crops. Kacen followed behind and tried to stay as close as possible.

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked swatting the flies from her face.

"I've always wanted to know what was moving out here! I thought I saw a woman one day, but she was gone very quickly."

Rosie smiled to her self, still making her way along the trail.

"The one with blondish, reddish hair?" Kacen whipped her head around to Rosie puzzled.

'A woman she says? I've possibly seen one before, also...' Kacen thought whilst grooming Griff's mane.

Rosie tilted her head sideways in thought.

"You know, it's changed quite a few times... Last time I saw her, she had blonde and red hair though."

Rosie could never forget the woman's beautiful, hourglass figure. She saw a small black creature on the path, and quickly came to a stop.

Kacen jumped at the abrupt stop. She stood there puzzled looking at Rosie's back.

"What do you see?"

She leaned sideways and looked down the path seeing a small black creature with large ears.