Necessary Magic

Rosie saw Griff, the massive dragon in front of the little cottage.

"Gaga, stay here. I-I don't want you to get hurt. I love you."

Rosie hugged Gaga tightly and got off the horse.

"Baby, no. Ple-"

It was too late. Rosie had already made her way up to the cottage.

Kacen kept crying into Marks shirt. He kept hugging her, and heard footsteps behind him.

"Ka-" Mark started, but Kacen cut him off quickly.

"I already know." She sniffed and Mark stood up. Kacen was left on the ground with tears streaming down her face.

"Might as well kill me with what I've done." She added sitting there.

"Kacen. I'm going to say this as nice as I can... GIVE ME MY DAD BACK."

Rosie walked towards Kacen angrily.

"YOU ARE RUINING HER LIFE, AS WELL AS YOUR OWN."

Rosie pointed at Gaga.

"I've hidden him." She laughed and sat back. She grabbed her knees. Rosie looked down at her furiously, all Kacen did was laugh.

"I'm sure you would like to argue with Griff about this." She laughed and saw Griff come closer behind Rosie.

"I WILL KILL BOTH OF YOU. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. GRIFF IS JUST A HORSE."

Rosie whipped around and stared the large dragon in the eyes. She felt its burning breath sweep across her face. She closed her eyes tightly and imagined Griff dead. She rose up in a wisp of light, and a sword formed in her hand.

"O-Oh. I guess I can do it," she whispered to herself.