Chapter 4

Kara woke up at 5:15 in the morning to go get cereal.

An hour later she returned with cereal, milk, water, cookies, pasta, hot pockets, fruit roll up, utensils, bowls, plates, bread, a toaster, and a few other things. She put everything away and turned on the television.

When the television turned on, it instantly started blasting, so Kara turned it back off, not wanting to wake up her roommate.

She looked over at Lena, sleeping soundly, and smiled.

Kara fell asleep on the couch and woke up two hours later.

When she saw the time, Kara decided to make cereal, having nothing better to do. She pulled out two bowls and filled them with Frosted Flakes. She left the milk in the fridge so she could wake up Lena before her cereal got soggy.

Kara quietly walked over to Lena's sleeping form and shook her shoulders lightly. "Lena, wake up."

Lena's eyes fluttered open and the pale girl smiled up at her new friend. "Good morning, Kara."

"Good morning, Lena. How'd you sleep?"

"Excellent, what about you?"

"Not too bad, for a new bed," Kara smiled and shrugged. "Oh, I made you breakfast - well, really it's just cereal. It's the only thing I can make without lighting something on fire. So yeah, just cereal and milk. If you want you can have a banana, too. I got those this morning, so I can-"

"Kara," Lena had a grin on her face. "you're rambling."

"Oh," Kara fumbled with her glasses and blushed. "Sorry."

"Don't be," Lena helped herself out of bed and walked towards the refrigerator. She poured milk on both of their cereals and got out spoons.

"Cheers," Lena winked and gave Kara her spoon.

The two were starving, and ate the cereal in a matter of minutes.

"When did you get this stuff?" Lena asked before she put another spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

"While you were sleeping," Kara said between chews.

"You did not have to do that, Kara. You easily could have just woken me and we would've gone together."

Kara smiled sheepishly, "You looked so peaceful. I didn't want to wake you up."

"Well, I appreciate it, but next time, wake me up," Lena felt bad that Kara had left and gone by herself to get food.

"We'll see," Kara shrugged with a smirk.

"Try me," Lena raised an eyebrow and smirked back at Kara, swiftly picking up both of their bowls. Lena then turned on her heel, and walked towards the sink so she could wash the dishes, not giving the Kara enough time to come with a response.

Kara didn't really take Lena's comment as a threat, but more as a challenge.

Kara decided to let it go for the meantime and call Alex. She quickly dialed her sister's number and put the phone to her ear.

Lena finished washing the dishes so she put them aside to dry and took a paper towel to dry her hands.

Since her roommate was on the phone, Lena pulled out her laptop and started editing a photo of a girl with strawberry blonde hair and brown-green eyes.

She changed the brightness, exposure, and basically everything available on the editing software she was using and transformed the photo completely.

"Where did you learn how to do that?" Kara asked from behind Lena.

Lena jumped, as she was startled and chuckled, "It's a hobby and job, I kind of just taught myself."

"That's amazing," Kara said in awe. "Did you take that picture too?"

"Oh, yeah, I didn't like it too much because it seems to be missing something but Bri, the girl in the picture insisted it was perfect," Lena shrugged slightly.

Suddenly Lena's eyes lit up, "Can I take a picture of you?"

Hey guys! I'm back to writing! I'm not sure if I'm going to be continuing this so if you want me to, leave a comment saying so. -SAM♥️💛