Chapter 5

"Would you really?" Kara asked with a big grin.

"I'd love to, if you want to, of course."

"That would be so much fun!" Kara laughed.

Lena was happy, as she realized she was becoming better friends with Kara. "I'd want to find somewhere to have the photoshoot, so I reckon we should go for a drive and pick a spot."

"Yeah," Kara nodded. "Did you mean today though?"

"I don't see why not," Lena grinned mischievously. " Oh wait, I have the perfect idea! Do you have overall shorts and a white t-shirt?"

"I have a white t-shirt, but not overalls." Kara opened her trunk and started getting the shirt.

"Okay, you can use mine, it's no big deal." Lena got her acid-wash overall shorts and handed them to Kara. "Put this stuff on and let me know when you're finished because I'm going to change out here."

Lena ended up wearing a light grey crop top with maroon colored shorts and black Vans. The only problem was that Lena hadn't worn the crop top before, and was now realizing that there was a zipper on the back.

Kara knocked on the door and waited for a response. When there wasn't one, she called out to her roommate. "Lena, you alright in there?"

There wasn't a response for a few seconds until she heard a loud grunt, "Yeah, I just - I'm sorry, I need a bit of help."

"Would you like me to come in?" Kara asked.

"Yes, please," Lena said rather quietly.

The blonde stepped out of the washroom and saw Lena struggling with the zipper. "Oh," Kara hurried over and eased Lena's arms away. "I got it, don't worry."

Kara pushed black hair to the side and easily finished the task Lena was struggling to do.

Kara couldn't help but notice her friend shiver after she accidentally touched Lena's neck as she was withdrawing her hand.

Lena cleared her throat and turned to face Kara. 

That was when Kara realized how utterly hot Lena was.

"Thank you, and you look adorable, but you're missing something."

The younger girl snaps her fingers and looks for her blue Ray Bans, and squeals when she finds them. "Here, you'll look perfect," Lena said. "Can I braid your hair?"

. . .

"Who's driving?" Lena asked.

"I want to drive," Kara smiled and got her keys out of her pocket.

"Alright then," Lena let Kara lead her to the car and when they arrived, she got into the passenger seat.

After driving for a few minutes, Lena spotted the perfect place. "There," She pointed at a train rail.

"On the train rail?"

"Or right next to it," Lena said, seemingly completely unfazed by potential danger.

Kara took a breath and decided not to argue with Lena, but she knew she had to be alert in case a train started coming their way.

"Okay, stand next to the old stop light thing, and I'll take the picture from the ground."

"Lena, are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Kara, we'll be fine, I doubt this is even used anymore."

Five minutes passed and Lena had gotten a good amount of pictures. Kara thought she'd been hearing a train, but assumed she was just being paranoid, as she'd been hearing it since they got out of the car. 

"This is going to look really pretty when they're finished," Lena smiled at Kara and pressed shutter on her camera and checked the photos. Then she continued taking more.

Kara started hearing the train get slightly louder, but continued to ignore it. 'We're almost done. Soon we can get out of here before I go completely mad,' Kara thought.

"Kara, you're doing perfect. I only need to get a few more pictures just to make sure I have enough. Smile a bit more though, will you?" Lena encouraged Kara to continue going.

When the train started getting really loud is when Kara started worrying. "Lena-"

"Kara, we're almost done. I need like three more. Just wait a second," Lena interrupted.

"Lena we have to go," Kara said urgently.

"Kara, wait," Lena tilted her camera down to look at the last few pictures she'd taken.

Kara took this time to look around the corner and see if her mind was going wild or if a train was actually coming. Her eyes widened when she realized the train would reach Lena in about 15 seconds. "Lena get off the train tracks!"

Lena looked up with a tilted head and furrowed brows, "What why?"

"Damnit, Lena," Kara shook her head and used her super speed to tackle Lena and push both the Luthor and herself out of the way of the train. Lena's prized camera flew out of her hands, but thanks to Kara's reflexes, she was able to catch it.

There was no way Lena could've not noticed Kara's powers. When Kara had initially tackled Lena, she accidentally pushed her stomach too hard and winded her. Oh, and not to mention the fact that Kara landed on Lena's ankle, causing her to scream out. The poor girl was holding on to Kara for dear life and not to mention, she was shaking profusely.

"Lena, are you okay?" Kara asked, clearly concerned.

Lena couldn't process a thing that had just happened. There was one thing she knew for sure, and it was that Kara had powers of some sort. Not that Lena minded, she just felt a bit hurt (emotionally and physically) because she was never informed. That wasn't what she had to worry about at the moment though. Lena swallowed and made eye contact with Kara, "I think so, but my ankle hurts really bad."

"I'm sorry, Lena -"

"Don't worry about it. It isn't your fault, Kara."

"You have my camera right?" Lena asked, with a pained face.

"Yes, and you can look at the photos in the car while I'm driving, alright?" Kara smiled softly and helped Lena stand upright.

Kara noticed Lena was putting all of her weight on her right foot to avoid putting pressure on her left one. "Can you walk?" the blonde asked, not letting go of Lena yet.

Lena took a step and almost fell, but didn't, thanks to Kara. "Bloody hell,"

"I'm going to carry you to the car, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah."

Kara could tell Lena didn't usually rely on others. Either that or she wasn't comfortable with it. Probably both. After what Lena had told her, Kara knew there was a whole lot more she'd left out, and hopefully if Lena could look past this, Kara could get to know Lena better.