Chapter 6

The car ride was silent, and Kara found herself driving much slower than she was on the way there, probably because she was checking on Lena every few seconds.

Kara was slightly relieved when she would look over and Lena was smiling at a picture, which meant she wasn't super upset at her.

By the time they reached the dorms, Lena had already finished looking at the pictures, so she was ready to get out of the car.

"Lena,"

"Yes?"

"We have to do something about your ankle. If you want, we can go over to my sister's dorm and she can wrap it in something or figure out what happened to it, but it's up to you."

Lena thought to herself for a moment, "Okay, but we're going to the dorm first," Lena opened the car door, and Kara rushed out to meet her before Lena could start walking.

"I'm going to carry you there. I don't want you getting any more hurt. Is that okay?"

"Yeah,"

Kara carried Lena bridal style because it was the easiest way to hold her. She noticed that Lena was much quieter than she had been before. Kara would understand if she was upset, but it didn't seem like that.

It was so hard for Kara to not talk to Lena, but she made herself shut up.

The walk to the dorm was pretty fast, and once they got inside Kara put Lena down on her bed and went over to the freezer to get a bag of ice for Lena.

"Here, use this for now," Kara handed the bag to Lena and gave her a smile.

"Thank you," Lena put the ice on her ankle and studied Kara's expression. "Sit. I'm not mad at you."

Kara let out a sigh of relief and sat down. "Oh, thank Rao."

"But you're going to tell me the truth about everything you lied to me about. No more lies."

"Okay," Kara nodded. Alex would probably be upset, but she didn't care. Kara was going to be living with Lena for just about a year, there's no way she wouldn't find out.

"Well first, I wasn't born in Midvale, I was born on Krypton. When I was twelve, my parents sent me to Earth because our planet was dying. By then, my cousin was a baby and we were both sent in pods, but mine got knocked off course. I was stuck in the Phantom Zone, where no time passed and I stayed the same age. By the time my cousin rescued me, he was a grown man. He took me to Earth and I was adopted by Alex's family, so that was true."

"Hold on," Lena stopped Kara with a confused look on her face. "So you were born on Krypton and you know Kryptonian, which probably means you learned it there."

"Yeah, I learned it there," Kara nodded.

"But who's your cousin then?"

"Superman."

Lena's jaw went completely slack, "You're joking."

"I'm not," Kara chuckled.

"You are twenty times cooler now," Lena laughed.

"Well, I don't want you to see me any differently now that you know this."

"I won't at the least, I'll think you'll be slightly cooler, but otherwise nothing changes," Lena winks at Kara and the blonde instantly stops listening. She just nods.

"Are you ready to see Alex now?"

The expression Kara held was utterly adorable and Lena felt herself getting distracted, but before Kara could notice she was staring, she nodded and started scooting off the bed. "Yeah, but do you want to let her know we're coming over?"

"I should probably do that." The blonde chuckled and started pulling out her phone.

"Wait, before you yell at me for walking, can you hand me the book I was reading?"

"Oh, of course," Kara got the book resting on the nightstand and handed it to her friend. "Here you are. I'm going to call her now. I'm just going to let you know that Alex is basically a doctor... kind of. Well, she could be one but I trust her. If you don't, then it's alright and we can just go to the hospital, but then again, it's up to you so let me know if -"

"Kara," Lena raised her voice but as soon as she did, Kara could see that she didn't mean to. "I'm sorry. Just please stop rambling. I'm fine with going to go see Alex, okay? I trust you."

Kara blushed and looked down, smiling sheepishly. "Thanks, I'll call her now. Read your book."

Lena began reading her book and quickly became immersed in it. While she was reading, she could hear Kara's voice, but wasn't listening to her. It was quite relaxing, Kara's voice.

"Alex, I need to bring Lena to your dorm, she's hurt... it's her ankle... no Alex... well, she knows now... I know, but I can't lie to her anymore... I trust her." Kara looked over at Lena peacefully reading her book and couldn't help but smile. "Can I bring her now?" Kara waited for a response and grinned. "Thanks Alex, I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Lena, Alex says I can bring you now."

"Okay," Lena puts the book down and starts getting off her bed.

Kara makes her way over, "If you want you can bring your book."

"That's okay, I'll just leave it here," Lena shrugged.

Kara picked Lena up the same way she was carrying her before, and began the mildly long walk to Alex's dorm room.