Chapter 7

|Sorry for the shortish chapter but I'll update soon!|

Kara noticed that Lena's grip was pretty tight, as if she was afraid of falling. Kara held her a bit tighter and felt the younger girl relax.

Kara had Lena knock on Alex's door, as she couldn't because she was busy carrying Lena.

The two heard the door unlock and Alex opened it.

"Set her down on the couch, I'll get my stuff," Alex said and left for a minute to the bedroom.

"Alex is kind of upset that I told you about my powers, so don't bring it up," Kara whispered.

Lena nodded and innocently winked at Kara.

Lena pulled her knees up to her chest and half buried her head in between her knees, so her eyes were visible. While she did this, she inhaled sharply and winced when her foot dragged.

Kara took Lena's hand in hers and squeezed it, while giving her a small smile.

Alex returned and offered Lena a smile, but it wasn't her usual super cheerful one. It was clear she was upset at Kara. "What happened?"

Lena looked at Kara, waiting for her to explain. "Lena almost got hit by a train and she wouldn't listen to me telling her to move, so I had to jump across and tackle her but when I did, her ankle got hurt," Kara didn't like remembering what happened because it was scary.

Alex nodded, "Lena, do you mind if I take a look at your ankle?"

"Not at all, that's what we're here for."

After a few minutes of questions and examining Lena's foot, Alex sighed and gently put Lena's foot down. "I'm pretty sure that it's broken, but I can't tell for sure without an x-ray. So, Kara do you want to go ahead?"

Kara nodded and stared at Lena's ankle, "It's broken," she sighed.

"Okay. How severe is it?" Alex asked Kara.

"It looks around the same as when Vicky from the DEO broke hers."

"Lena, you're going to need a hard cast, so you'll probably have to go to a hospital and get a cast there. If it wasn't as bad as it is, I could probably just give you a boot, but you're going to need a cast." Alex sighed.

Lena nodded, and Kara noticed a change in her expression. "Can you give us a moment, Alex?"

"Yeah, sure," Alex nodded and walked away.

"Lena, what's wrong?" Kara asked with concern in her voice.

Lena had tears forming in her eyes, "I - I don't like going to the hospital. The people there, they scare me, Kara."

Kara brushed away a tear that fell with her thumb. "Don't worry, Lena. We'll figure something out, okay?" Kara looked into her eyes and smiled softly.

Lena smiled back and nodded, "Thank you."

"Anytime."