Chapter 8

"Thank you Alex!" Kara called out to her sister, while leading her roommate out of the dorm room, who was on crutches.

"You know how to use these, right?"

"I guess, I've only used them once, but I think I can get the hang of it," Lena shrugged.

The three girls figured out how to get what they needed to make a hard cast and Alex went ahead and did it for Lena.

"Uh oh," Lena stopped and looked at Kara with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" Kara put a hand or and reached for Lena.

"I'm going to have to tell my brother, and he's going to be pissed off."

-

"Hi, Lex" Lena said from her bed. Kara and Lena were reading together on Lena's bed and that's when Lena decided was a good time to call her brother.

"Yes, I'm having a good time. Kara and I are getting along great!"

"Of course. Lex, I have something to tell you,"

"Yes, I'm fine, but I broke my ankle. Please don't be mad."

"I only tripped , Lex, it isn't a big deal, so don't worry about it."

"Lex," Lena whined. "I'm sorry, I'll be more careful."

"Yes, Lex,"

"Okay, bye. I love you."

Lena rolled her eyes and threw her phone on the far side of the bed.

Just then Kara's phone started ringing. She smiled at the caller, the contact said "Homeslice". Kara answered the phone and put it on speaker, laying back on her bed. "Hey muffin, how was your day?"

"It was really good. I don't have any homework today!"

Lena grew confused when she heard a little girl speaking.

"I'm glad. Don't you have dance soon missy?" Kara said looking at the time.

"Oh yeah!"

Kara giggled, "Well then you have a good time. Tell Ellie and V that I say hi please."

"Of course!" There was a silence on the line for a few seconds. "I miss you," the girl said, and her voice broke.

"Aww, honey I miss you too. I'll tell you what, I've got a new roommate, and you're going to love her. Maybe next week you can come by and I'll introduce you, does that sound good?"

"Yeah that sounds awesome, I have to go."

"Okay, have fun at dance. I love you."

"I love you too," Kara and hung up her phone.

"Who was that?" Lena asked.

"Oh, her name is Emma. She's this little girl I met at a dance studio in Buffalo I went to."

"Ah," Lena said.

"Her parents used to work at the studio, but now they own their own studio, and I got really close to the three of them. She isn't really that little, she's thirteen, but I've known her since she was seven."

"Well the stories never end. I dance too, what kind of dance do you do?"

"Oh," kara looked down and blushed. "ballroom, like the stuff you see on Dancing With The Stars. It's a lot of fun. But I haven't danced in a while."

"You're joking? That's so cool! I took ballroom myself for a while, I didn't get that into it though, I'm more of a ballet girl, but we can work something out. I won't be able to dance for a while because of my foot, but I'll be able to dance eventually," Lena winked and smiled.

"I'm sure it will heal quickly," Kara reassured her.

"Kara, I'm not sure you've realized, but not all of us are kryptonian and have the ability to heal fast."

"Oh yeahhh," Kara said guiltily.

"It's okay, Kara. I'll get better. It will be annoying to start the semester with a broken ankle, but there are worse things in life." Lena shrugged

"Yeah, well hopefully you can get the cast off quickly."

"I'm crossing my fingers for that." Lena chuckled.

"Me too! Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Always" Lena grinned.