Chapter 13

Irene's POV

I sat in my father's office now my office and started the business of the day. I had so many pack issues to deal with and the number one on my list was 'Niel’.

Days had passed, full moons had also passed but still Niel was no where to be found. Caleb felt that he could have died or maybe the rogues killed him but I was not buying that idea. If he was dead, I should at least feel it.

Is that not how this mate things works?

Yes, but you guys are not fully mated” My wolf said.

So you think he's dead?” I asked.

I don't feel it”

Her reply made me roll my eyes.

What if he is dead?” I asked.

My wolf went silent and didn't reply me again and I took it that she was trying to tell me that she would no longer be a part of me; she would die too.

Yeah, I would die too.

I bowed my head and allowed a little feeling of grieve overshadow me. Thinking about Niel brings so many feelings. Sometimes I feel happy but most times I feel sad.

Sad that I might not be with my mate again.

Sad that I might die a lonely wolf.

It's all your fault”  My wolf said.

My fault?”

“Why did you pursue him?”

“He was running away. He killed father and you were the one chasing him not me”

“Yeah right”

The knock on the door ended the sad conversation we were having and I nervously tried to arrange my table which was not disarranged.

“Irene” The silvery voice of a lady made me raise my head up and my eyes laid on the beautiful smiling face of Becca. She was wearing a loose flower print knee length gown and was holding a square box. She had her blonde hair in a bun with some few strands of hair lying lazily on her face.

“Becca” I stood up from the chair and walked to meet her with my hands opened to hug her. Hugging her was awkward because of her protruding stomach.

“It's been long I saw you, how have you been Irene?” She asked dropping the box on my table.

“Have been good, what about you?”

“Fine, Fine, just a little tired and sick”

“We should be expecting that little wolf soon”

“Yes, very soon” Becca giggled.

“So what do we have here?” I asked pointing to the box she brought which was oozing out a very pleasant smell.

“Oh I brought you a pie” She replied opening the box.

“A pie?” I looked inside the box and the tantalizing aroma of the pie hit my nose. The pie also looked delicious and yummy.

“Yes and it is pomegranate flavoured”

“Pomegranate!” I screamed “Uh-huh I'm sorry” I apologized and Becca laughed out loud.

“I got bored so I went to the field to pick some of the fruits and used it to make this pie”

“Bored?  Where's Sebastian?”

“Sebastian went to see his new found best friend”

“Best friend?”