Chapter 15

Dedicated to myroseswillhuntyou

Irene's POV

I watched Ella as she raised her hands and said some unclear words. She picked up a totem and waved it in the air,  shaking her head and her butt as she raised it higher. It was amazing to watch just few parts of her body shake and the rest stay stiff.

Uh-huh I came at the wrong time. I thought as I got a place to sit to wait for her to be done.

I wondered about the significance of what she doing and also who she was directing whatever she said to.

A light breeze blew and I shivered. Her house was eerie and was giving me goosebumps. I had never been scared of Ella maybe because I had not seen her in her true self or maybe because there was nothing to be scared of.

She turned and blew a white substance in my direction. I bent my head and covered my nose with my hands. When I looked up again, I couldn't see her eyeballs and her eyes were bloodshot, she was saying something very fast and it made her lips quiver.

She finally ended whatever ritual she was doing or so I thought because her eyes were back to normal and she was smiling at me.

“How are you my child ?” She said as she walked to me.

“I'm fine, Ella. I'm sorry I came at the wrong time.”

“No, child, it's fine. It was actually done because of you.”

“Me?”

“Yes, the spirits told me you were coming and they also told me your reason for coming here.”

“Wow.”

“You're thinking of going to look for your mate.”

“Yes, Ella, Yes. Did they tell you if he is still alive?”

“Of course, he is not dead.”

My wolf heaved a sigh.

“That's wonderful.” I gushed. “So would I find him if I go in search of him.”

“I wasn't told about that Irene, but the spirits want you to go. What I was doing was a protection spell for you. What is out there in the woods is scary my child.” Ella took my hand and covered it with hers.

“I'm not scared Ella, I just want to see him.”

“And when you see him ?”

“When I see him---” I paused. I was confused, I didn't know what I would do when I see him. “When I see him I would bring him back.”

“How do you drag him here? How would you bring him back, child ?”

“I don't know Ella, I don't know.” I got up and walked to and fro. “I would go with whatever events the moon goddess has planned for us. Ella I can't die without a mate. Tell me Ella is that my fate?”

“No, my child. That's not your fate.”

“So one way or the other I would bring him back.”

“I know you would. But that's just the beginning of the problem.”

“What other problem is there, Ella?”

“His pack are not aware that he is still alive, when you bring him back it might cause anarchy.”

I kept quiet and thought of what Ella said. Niel might not follow me back to the pack willingly and if I have to bring him back, I might have to drag him.