Chapter 25

Niel's POV

I walked to where Irene was sitting under a tree. The sun was at its peak and she used the tree leaves as a shade. She was staring deep into the forest but she was not tensed at all.

It's been a day since she asked me to be her helper and we have tried to get along with ourselves. Though it was awkward but I've made her laugh some few times and her laughter has been the most pleasurable sound I've heard in quite a long time.

“Irene.” I called our to her as I got close to where she seated. She turned back sharply to look at me and her strawberry blonde hair flipped. Her sapphire eyes always got me enchanted and they were looking at me with emotions. “I just finished clearing Adelaide's spices garden and with the way the sun is burning my skin I thought maybe we could go for a swim.” I said.

“Awesome. Should I say you read minds now?” She said, smiling at me.

“Huhn?” I arched my eyebrow.

“Yeah, I was waiting for you to be done with what you were doing so we could go for a swim. You know how calming the water could be.”

Now was my time to say “Awesome.” I smiled at her from ear to ear.

“Come on, let's go.” She grabbed my hand and I felt tingles as her hand touched my arm. Every single time we had just a little contact, I feel those tingles. I don't know if she also felt it too.

She was dragging me to the river and I just followed her humbly like a lamb to the slaughter.

We got to the river quickly not because it was not far from Adelaide's hut but because we were practically running . She was wearing a loose gown which Adelaide had given her so she immediately stripped them off her body.

She was BEAUTIFUL!!!

Those were the only words that rang in my head as I saw just in her undergarments. She placed her gown at the bank of the river and plunged into the water making a big splash that drained me. I didn't care if I was drained or not, just looking at her was giving me inexpressible joy.

She brought her head out of the water and had a big grin to her face, her hair was very wet and some strands plastered across her face. Her undergarments were glued to her body and her curved were more visible.

“Come on, I didn't bring you here to watch me.” She said with a little frown on her face.

“Forgive me." I apologized and began to shed my clothes off my body leaving my shorts on. When I looked at her again she wasn't looking at me and I was disappointed that she was not taking satisfaction in my body the same way I did.

I walked into the water and went over to where she was. I got closer to her and she still avoided my gaze, her cheeks were beginning to get red and I realized that she was too shy to look at me and that she was blushing.

“You know you're such a bore.” She said as she swam away from me.

“What! Why?” I joined her and swam beside her.  She stopped swimming and I also stopped swimming.

“I jumped into the water and made a big splash but you, you just simply walked into the water.” She pouted and I couldn't help but imagine my lips on hers.

“Oh really, you want to see me make a big splash?”  I asked in between laughters.

“Yes, I bet you can't beat mine.” She dared.

“Watch and see.” I swam out of the river and stood at the river bank. “Make way for my mighty splash.”

I ran, launched myself into the hair, did a somersault and dived into the water. Water covered my eyes, nostrils and mouth as I went deep into the water. I swam out of the river and I heard her laughing behind me, I turned to look at her and she was laughing so hard and clutching her stomach.