Chapter 16

Irene's POV.

Caleb take care of the pack, I'll be back soon. I mindlinked Caleb just as I got to the pack's border. I had left without telling him because I didn't want him to stop me from going.

What? Where are you going to?  Caleb asked.

In search of someone your guards couldn't find.

How could you? How could you leave your pack alone? You are leader, what would they do if you are not there?

Please Caleb, spare me this scoldings. Are you not a leader too? I've made up my mind and that's final. I'm leaving you in charge and you must take care of them as I would do too.

You know how big this pack is, how do you expect to do that?

I don't care. Just be the leader you should be. I barked, irritated at the questions he was asking.

I hope when you find what you are looking for, you don't come back and meet your beloved pack in chaos.

How dare he say such a thing?

I hope when I come back I don't meet your head on a stake. I snapped.

My head?

Yes, because I don't know when you became a weakling. You are a beta, you have power. So if you can't keep the pack calm, you don't deserve that position and I would make sure I allow someone challenge you for it.

Caleb kept quiet for a second and I thought he had broken the connection.

Where do I tell them you went to?  He asked.

An important meeting. It was impromptu and I had to go for it.

Okay.

Goodbye and take care of my pack.

I cut the link and stared at the forest I was about to enter. The trees in the forest formed shapes that looked like they were mocking my decision.

I dropped my backpack on the floor, stripped my clothes off my body and changed into my white wolf form. I had taken with me some few clothes and food to last about three days. I picked my backpack with my mouth and ran into the woods searching for my mate.

I ran for a very long time before I got to a clearing and stopped. Thanks to my enhanced wolf traits, I could sense the presence of some wolves in this area so I stopped and changed to my human form.

It was already night when I got to the clearing and the forest was quiet and dense. The sky had a crescent moon that gave a dull light and stars that twinkled brightly.

I could hear footsteps and I became alert immediately. The footsteps were from wolves and from the sound I was hearing I knew these wolves were trying their best to be discreet.

One wolf.

Two wolves.

Three wolves.

And that's how the clearing was filled with so many wolves. They were about fifteen and they were all rogues.

I smirked at their warm welcome and waited for one of them to change so I could talk to them.

An old man came out from the woods and he was the only one in his human form.

“What are you here for?” He asked.

“I'm looking for someone I think you have.” I answered.

“And who is that person?”

“The former Alpha of Crescent pack.”

“We have no Alpha in our midst.”

“Well of course, no Alpha associates with rogues. But you should know who I'm talking about.”

“You should know it is risky to come into woods alone, especially when you are a woman.”

Woman?

Oh now they are trying to belittle me because I'm a woman.

“And do you know this woman here can take down all, I repeat ALL of you here and none of you would escape your neck being torn apart from your body.” I pointed to all of them as I shouted.

“Who do you think you are?”  He shouted too, trying to match my tone

“I'm not here for histories man, just give me what I want and you would all leave this place without a scratch.”

“You are outnumbered. Young lady just go back to where ever you are coming from. I see you have the stance of the convent sisters but hey, your training rules don't work in this battle ground.”

“Wow, you are not stupid after all.”

“Go back, lady.” The man warned.

“Not without what I came for.”

“Then you are looking for a fight then.”

“Which was highly anticipated.”

“It would be better if you go back, Alpha.” A familiar voice said and it sent shivers down my spine. I turned to where the voice came from and I saw him standing with hands akimbo.

He walked towards me and I couldn't keep my leg stable on the ground anymore. His presence was making me weak and I needed something to support me.

My wolf was screaming with joy and it was taking so many strength to keep her from changing.

There was no way I was going to appear weak in front of these rogues so I raised my chin high, forced my legs to stop shaking, looked at him straight in the eyes and smile widely at him.

“I'm glad you recognize me as your Alpha.”

****************

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.

It's getting so exciting, 🤣🤣. The drama just started and we getting to the climax 😅😅😅.

Don't forget to vote,

comment and

share.

Dedicated to dharmey_ for being an awesome follower of this book.