Chapter 26

Sebastian's POV

Caleb stood at the centre of this boring pack meeting and babbled on things that didn't really affect me. Things that didn't concern the pack. He still had not made any reference to Irene's absence and I was surprised that nobody asked that question.

Becca rested her head on my shoulders and rubbed her stomach. I covered her hand with my hand and smiled at her, she smiled too and at that moment I didn't hear what Caleb said again.

“We have come to the end of this meeting, we can all go back to what we were doing.”

Wait did this meeting just end.

When I saw everyone looking at me I realized I had said that aloud. I got up from my chair and Becca tugged at my hand. I looked at her and her eyes were begging me to not say anymore.

“I got this in control Becca, I just have some few questions to ask our dear beta here.” I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

“And what are your questions, Sebastian?”

“Number one, in all what you've said today at this meeting, you have not mentioned one thing that is actually important to all of us here as your pack members.”

“What is that important thing?” Caleb asked, obviously getting irritated.

“Where is our Alpha?” I spread my hands open and looked around at everyone. They all had their eyes on me and many of them were indifferent about the question I just asked.

“How many times would I tell you she went for a meeting?” Caleb snapped at me.

“What kind of a meeting would allow the Alpha stay away from their pack for more than one week? What if we had an attack?”

“Sebastian, your questions are actually very irrelevant. Absolutely irrelevant.” Caleb shouted.

“No it isn't. And as a member of this mighty pack I feel actually disrespected that my Alpha would leave the pack without a word to her members on where she is going to.”

Caleb scoffed.

“I'm happy that you were once a leader. So tell me how many of your secret plans have you let out to your pack members?”

“Is this meeting a secret?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.

“Please Beta, he has no point. Nevermind him.” Becca got up and walked in front of me.

“Becca no, I don't feel comfortable that the Alpha left this pack without even a word to us. That's disrespectful. You all in this pack don't care, your leaders do whatever they like and you are only happy to drink and celebrate for no reason. It's high time you start getting yourself involved in the affairs of your pack.”

“Who the heck is this?” Someone shouted behind me.

“Sebastian, I want you to keep quiet and that's an order.” Caleb shouted at me with his leader tone but somehow it had no effect on me.

“Make me quiet then.” I shouted back.

Caleb's eyes became bloodshot and his canines were out already. He launched at me and I expected him to land on me so I could give him a punch but someone stopped him why he was up in the air and he fell to the ground.

“What's this chaos all about?” Irene had been the one that stopped Caleb mid-air and she was looking around at everyone with a raised eyebrow. When her eyes got to me, she sneered at me. Caleb got off from the floor and tried to say something in protest but she raised her hands and he kept mute. He was fuming with annoyance but the way his facial expression was, I guessed Irene had probably shut him up through the mind link.