Chapter 1

A close call
(Quick side note: Luna is in Gryffindor. Sorry but that's how the story worked best.)

A young girl awoke to the sounds of two people running all over the room. Slightly confused, she sat up in bed and let her long, extremely blonde hair fall out of its loose bun. She looked around wondering where she was before she remembered that she was back at Hogwarts for her fifth year of school. She yawned and rubbed her eyes before speaking to the two girls.

"Morning girls," she said dreamily, hoping out of bed and putting her slippers on.

"Morning Luna!" Came the voice from a short and skinny girl with brown eyes, pale skin, and violently red hair.

"Hey," said the other girl, who was taller than the red hed with chocolate brown eyes and hazelnut hair that went a few inches below her shoulders, "Luna! Why aren't you getting ready? We have classes you know!" The Brown eyed girl said hurriedly as she threw her school robes over her blue jeans and pink, long sleeved T-shirt.

"Hermione," Luna said addressing the brown eyed girl, "today's Saturday. Remember? They brought us in early so first years could get used to the school."

The red-head girl dropped her brush and turned to face Hermione, "WHAT?" she screeched, "you woke me up early on a Saturday??"

"Ginny, relax. You've been sleeping in all summer. So what if I forgot we didn't have lessons? You can still get in the habit of waking up early," Hermione said, waving her wand so Ginny's brush was set gently on the vanity.

Ginny gave a huffy sigh before pulling on her shoes. "I'm going to go get breakfast. Honestly 'mione," and Ginny walked out the door mumbling to herself.

"She probably has wrackspurts in her head. Or she's seen nargles. They make you act crazy sometimes." Luna said quite seriously.

Hermione gave a long laugh before throwing her robe off onto the bed and putting her wand in her pocket. "I'm going down to. I'll wait for you in the common room." Hermione left the room after a quick wave.

Luna sighed and thought to herself, if only they knew.... The thought was quickly pushed aside when she looked down at her trunk and saw that Ginny had gone through her clothes. Great Luna thought, twelve hours in and she's already taking my stuff. She quickly changed into a lemon yellow, Capri sleeved shirt, and bright blue leggings. She finished of her look by wearing her favorite red sneakers, and a seashell necklace. One more thing and I'm ready, Luna sighed. She took out her wand, and facing the door she pointed it at her arm. She didn't see Ginny come in and said "darkio remlous."

"LUNA!!!" Ginny screamed as she saw a scar of some sort dissapear of Luna's arm.

Without thinking, Luna pointed her wand at Ginny and said "OBLIVIATE!" She put her wand in her behind her back just as Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Neville ran in.

"Is everything okay? We heard Ginny scream your name," Hermione panted, out of breath from running so fast.

Luna quickly put on a fake smile, "of course. There were wrackspurts so I was attacking them and then Ginny ran in and stopped me. Isn't that right Ginny?"

Everyone looked at Ginny, giving Luna a chance to put her under the imperious curse since no one was watching her. "That's right," Ginny said in a dreamy voice.

Oh shoot, Luna thought, I need to get the hang of this curse, and fast.

"Uh...Gin? Are you okay? Maybe we should go eat something. You might be hungry," Ron said with an awkward glance at his sister.

"Great idea, Ron! Let's go," and Luna pushed everyone out of her room. That. Luna thought again, could have been so much worse. Thank goodness I acted quickly or Ginny might have seen my... It doesn't matter. Its over and now we eat.

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading. I know this chapter was kinda slow and boring, but you gotta start somewhere right? Anyways I promise this story is going to get more interesting, especially once pieces are put together. Stay tuned for the next chapter. It should be coming out shortly.