Chapter 9

Time jump to DATDA:

"Good morning students," Professor Umbridge gushed at her students.

Professor Umbridge was a short, plump woman who wore nothing but pink. Her hair was short and curved around her face. Most of the students liked to refer to her as a toad, which she resembled quite nicely.

"Good morning Professor Umbridge," the class muttered dryly.

"Wands away," professor Umbridge scolded, as a few students took them out hopeful they'd get to use magic.

The students had gotten used to this horrible behavior. Umbridge had vowed to have the students not use magic in her classroom, as she had told them that they wouldn't be attacked.

Umbridge sent books to everyone and told them to read chapters three to five. Twice. And then copy down the main points. Twice. Everyone got to work, students mumbling rude names under their breath. Luna however didn't. She stared out the window she was seated next to.

It had been two weeks since she killed the woman. Luna had found out that her name was Sophia Johnson. The grief had washed over Luna constantly. She didn't think it would ever go away. She became distant with her friends, avoiding their many attempts to corner her and find out if she was okay. The only people who knew what she had done were Draco and Hermione. Luna felt that Hermione wouldn't scold her at all. She sighed as she played her talk with Hermione in her head for the fourth time today.

It had been two days after the murder of Sophia and Luna was desperate to tell someone she thought could help her as Draco wasn't able to talk to her because he was always followed by his Slytherin gang.

"Hermione!" Luna had called to the brunette across the courtyard.

Hermione waved goodbye to her friends and casually headed over to Luna, unaware of the information she was about to get.

"Hey Luna! What's up?" Hermione had said.

"Um.. Can we talk somewhere... private?" Luna asked her nervously.

"Of course. I know this great spot by the lake. Come on." Hermione beckoned Luna to follow her.

Hermione led Luna to the lake. When they got there Hermione walked over to the large tree. She tapped it three times with her wand and muttered 'always' {;)}. The tree opened up a small door that they girls just barely fit through. Inside the tree, Luna was sure that it had been enchanted because it was as large as their common room.