Ch5: Something Fishy

The next two days were peaceful. No one came to bother her and she could recuperate in peace. Xing Yun spent a few hours slowly assimilating and getting accustomed to Feng Mian's personality.

Feng Mian had been a cheerful and clever child before the age of 5. And later, she grew quiet, withdrawn and cowardly. There was no way Xing Yun, who was known as the 'Fiery Witch' could pretend to be cowardly.

She decided to start the personality change after moving to the Main Residence.

Xing Yun spent the rest of her time sleeping and cultivating to recover her lost internal energy and replenish her soul.

Before her transmigration, Xing Yun had extremely high achievements in soul cultivation. She had even used her soul to bind certain artifacts and a spiritual beast. Generally, cultivators do not prefer binding anything to their soul because the soul is extremely delicate and gets damaged easily. But Xing Yun had a Divine Soul. Her soul was naturally resilient and could even repair itself with the help of certain herbs and artifacts.

She wanted to quickly restore her soul to check whether those artifacts and her soul bound spiritual beast were still with her or not.

A few spiritual herbs were required to restore her soul enough to perceive the soul bonds.

Looks like I need to leave this place at fast as possible. This body is soon reaching the age of an adult. I need to lay my cultivation foundation before reaching 15 years of age.

Before that, I need to heal myself.

Xing Yun closed her eyes and went back to gathering internal energy and directing them to her injuries.

-------

On the third day, Xing Yun finally left her uncle's house and began the journey back to the Main Residence.

A well padded carriage had been prepared for her along with light refreshments and an 'Ice Grass' to keep the carriage cool. She was accompanied by her two maids.

In the other carriage, Patriarch Feng sat with the man in black robes. Seeing him, Xing Yun was reminded of the way he kept staring at her. His eyes had been cold and full of indifference when faced with people. But his gaze seemed to be faintly probing whenever he looked at her.

However, Xing Yun detected no malice in his stare, only curiosity, confusion and a faint vigilance. She wasn't going to do anything about it either. As long as he didn't get in her way, he was free to feel as much curiosity as he wanted.

Feng Huo Li and his wife saw them off. Feng Xue was nowhere to be seen. She was most likely busy breaking vases in her room. Her punching bag had left. On whom was she going to unload her frustrations now?

Xing Yun lit imaginary candles for all the unlucky maids and servants who worked for Feng Xue.

Thinking about her, reminded Xing Yun about the Crown Prince. There was something really fishy here.

The current emperor was in his late thirties. He had five sons and two daughters. Among them, the Second Prince was borne by the Empress. The First Prince was the son of Imperial Concubine Yue and the Fourth Prince was the son of Concubine Su. The other children were forgettable existences in the sense that none of the others could fight for the throne.

The First Prince was the eldest and cleverest among them; the Second Prince had the Empress on his side; and the Fourth Prince had the highest talent for cultivation.

From her memories, Xing Yun knew that currently, the three sides were all balanced, each side acting as a check and balance for the other. In the next five years, the emperor would set out tasks for the princes to complete before he decided on the Crown Prince. He didn't seem to favour any particular prince. He had often mentioned that only the prince capable of understanding what it meant to be the emperor deserved the throne.

There was no way to know who would win. Then who did Feng Xue call Crown Prince?

Xing Yun had a few suspicions about it. Most of them involved secrets and conspiracies while two others...

I hope it's not what I think it is.