Ch10: Chaos

Feng Mian's eyes widened with surprise.

"This is beyond something crafted by a God level artificer..."

She went about to explore the space and the buildings.

The buildings were mostly empty with only a book in the lowest level. The higher levels were still sealed. Each building was dedicated to a different aspect. The books covered everything from cultivation, medicines, pill formation, artifact refining, arrays, and divination to even devil cultivation.

Feng Mian gave the books a cursory glance and moved to the last building.

She could feel familiar fluctuations from the building.

This building was larger than the others. The door was made of a silvery red material, with engravings of various animals decorating the pillars and windows. The interior was as empty as the previous buildings, only, instead of a book, there was a glowing cocoon in the center of the hall.

The cocoon floated in midair. The familiar fluctuations grew stronger.

Feng Mian extended her hand and touched its surface. The glowing surface started rippling and growing dimmer. When the light went out completely, what emerged was... An egg.

A very familiar egg.

Feng Mian was speechless. She wondered what Chaos would think if he could see himself right now. The dignified Chimera had turned back to an egg.

She quickly pricked her finger and dropped a drop of blood on the egg. The blood seeped into the shell forming complicated runes on its surface. The runes flashed three times and then the shell cracked.

Under Feng Mian's anticipatory gaze, a small white hand pushed aside the broken shells and a cute tiny face with big watery eyes emerged. The baby looked to be about three-four months old.

"Chaos?" She asked carefully.

The big eyes full of innocence peered at her for a few seconds. And then a big smile formed on his face.

"Mama!"

The sudden call shocked Feng Mian. She stumbled back a few steps and fell on her butt. But the baby was oblivious to her shock and eagerly crawled over and climbed onto her lap. Sticking his thumb into his mouth and clutching her robes, he fell asleep.

What is this?!!!

It took her the better part of an hour to recover. Chaos was holding onto her robes so tightly that she could not pry his fingers apart. This was the difference between humans and supreme beasts. Humans were fragile creatures while supreme beasts had enormous amount of strength even when they were cubs.

Spiritual beasts had rankings similar to human cultivation levels. They were divided into ten levels and above the ten levels there were four levels collectively called supreme beasts- the king beasts, saint beasts, sacred beasts and divine beasts.

The sleeping baby in Feng Mian's lap was her contracted beast. Feng Mian reckoned that the reason there bond had been weak was because Chaos had regressed into an egg.

As a supreme beast, it was easy for Chaos to take human form.

But a baby...

In a complicated mood, Feng Mian wondered what to do about a baby Chaos.

She could not take him out, neither could she shake his fist off her robes. In the end, she took off her outer robes and looked for a bed.

The ground floor of this mansion had several rooms containing all the things she had kept inside her ring in the previous life.

In one room, she found a down filled mattress and soft blankets. She cleared up the room and converted it to Chaos' bedroom. The little baby sleeping contentedly in the soft bed tickled her heart. The soft feelings gave birth to a similarly evil smile on her face.

Sometime later, the baby was dressed in pink girl clothes, a pink bow on his soft black hair in a room filled with all pretty girly things and an evil Feng Mian was recording the scene into a recording crystal.

Only after recording everything to her heart's content did she put it away and start thinking of ways to promote Chaos' growth in the Lower Realms. As long as Chaos stayed inside the ring's space, he would have plenty of spiritual energy. But if he did not recover his memories and kept behaving like a toddler, it was going to be impossible to leave him in here. Taking him out was an issue too. What identity could she use for him?