Ch7: This World, Him

Lotus Courtyard

This was the place where Feng Mian's parents used to live.

The gardens still had the same variety of flowers. The rooms were exactly the same as they had been nine years ago. There was no dust, cobwebs or musty smell in the rooms. Bunches of fresh flowers gave a fresh fragrance to the bright rooms.

Xing Yun's room was to the east of the courtyard, where the first rays of the sun would announce the start of each new day.

While her maids were busy arranging her belongings, she went in search of the library. Feng Mian's knowledge had a lot of glaring holes. She knew nothing about the current situation of the mainland. She also needed to find out which realm she was in.

With a servant leading the way, she came to the library and started reading all sorts of books.

She discovered that the Feng family was the third most powerful among the four large families. The others were Shi, Wu and Xie families.

Only the Xie family was slightly weaker than Feng family due to the lack of a powerhouse in the older generation. However, it was a matter of sooner or later when the Xie family would leave the other families in the dust, due to the large number of geniuses in the younger generation.

Currently, there are seven people of the younger generation of Xie family, five from Shi family, four from Wu family and only three from Feng family who are expected to join the cultivation sects following the yearly assessment to be held in six months' time.

Apart from the four kingdoms of White Tiger Continent, there are several small and large cultivation sects that had more power than all kingdoms combined. The largest sect is the Spirit Sect, but the most prestigious sect is the Hundred Palace. Spirit Sect focuses on cultivation, while the Hundred Palace is dedicated to the art of making pills, medicines and artifacts.

There are some hidden forces that rarely appear in front of people but are just as powerful. They include Assassins' Den and Golden Words, an information network.

Xing Yun paused at the words 'Golden Words'. She had heard of a group with the same name back in Hong Jun Tian. Very likely this Golden Words is a branch of the organization that extends across all three realms.

After gathering information about the current situation, she moved towards the cultivation manuals. The jade slips were arranged according to rank, making it easier to judge the level of martial arts of this world.

Cultivation Manuals and martial arts are divided into six levels- ordinary, human, earth, heaven, divine and taboo. Each level is further divided into four tiers- low, medium, high and superior. Ordinary level is the lowest level and divine is the highest level. Taboo level consists of manuals that involve sacrifice in order to be implemented. Sacrifice includes loss of cultivation or the loss of a physical attribute, depending upon the degree of attainment. Taboo arts are extremely rare, to the degree that they are considered heirlooms in the Middle Realms. Even the Upper Realms treat them as luxuries.

Most of the jade slips in the library of Feng Residence recorded the lowest tier, Ordinary level cultivation manuals and martial arts. Only three manuals were of Human Level.

Xing Yun only glanced at them once to determine that this world was a part of the Lower Realms. Climbing back to the Upper Realms wouldn't be that easy.

This world was where Feng Mian spent more than a decade of her life in. There were people who hated her and people who loved her. The smiling face of Patriarch Feng emerged from her memories. Maybe she should stop thinking of Feng Mian as 'her' and treat her as a part of 'herself'.

The path to reach the peak and reclaim her former achievements was long and arduous. She may win, she may lose. But only one thing would remain the same- her desire to protect. Especially after him.

But as Feng Mian, I would protect what I want to. And destroy every obstacle that stops me from reaching that peak again. Because now, I am complete.

I am Xing Yun, I am also Feng Mian.