Ch8: Mo Qing

It had been almost a week since Feng Mian moved to the Capital City. Most of the time, she had been either in the library or cultivating in her room. The rest of the time she spent in slowly changing the impression of herself in others' eyes. By now, grandfather had become convinced that his granddaughter no longer feared him and was more mature. But he was dissatisfied with her habit of running to the library.

Grandfather enquired about her whereabouts several times a day. He was lamenting the fact that his heartless granddaughter locked herself up with old books instead of accompanying him. The man in black robes felt his lips twitch when he saw the way the old man was crouching in front of his granddaughter's courtyard. He couldn't stop himself from letting out a snort.

"Hey, bean sprout. Just who do you think you are snorting at? Hmph. Even your father wouldn't dare to be so disrespectful to me."

The man directed a gaze full of contempt at him and shot back, "Old bastard, that's only because he is afraid that you will keel over dead at the lightest touch of his fingers."

Grandfather Feng's entire face turned red and he turned speechless. Feng Mian opened the door to her courtyard to be greeted by this bizarre scene; one old figure sitting beside the flowers with his face entirely red and the man in black standing with a smug expression on his face. She felt her understanding of the world tilt. Her impression of both of them was undergoing earth shaking changes.

Grandfather Feng and the man in black both adopted the usual aloof temperament of an expert as soon as they saw Feng Mian, pretending that the previous scene was all a hallucination. But the cover was already off.

The man in black gave a cough out of embarrassment and then changed the subject. "We haven't been introduced. My name is Mo Qian. It's a pleasure to meet the Second Young Miss."

Feng Mian also decided to give them face by not asking what they were talking about before and replied, "The pleasure's mine, Master Mo."

Grandfather Feng quickly added his words too. "Now that you've introduced yourselves, my dear granddaughter, how about you accompany your grandfather for tea?"

It perfectly suited her plans. Three people walked to the gardens with the two men throwing an occasional dirty look at each other behind Feng Mian's back; while she herself was busy trying not to laugh and maintain an angelic look.

The gardens were beautifully arranged with rows of flowers of various colours and shape. Feng Mian found a couple of medicinal plants mixed within those flowers. Out of curiosity, she walked closer and found that there were actually more medicinal plants around the garden. The plants' arrangement actually resembled the form of an array.

"Do you like them? Those plants were planted by your mother. She liked flowers and plants a lot. Most of the plants in this garden were planted by her. She even designed the structure of this garden."

Grandfather Feng had a slight smile on his face as he remembered his second daughter-in-law.

Feng Mian had doubts in her heart. From the books she read, this country did not have any array masters. In fact, there was no mention of the array master profession in this continent. This world surely occupied the lower end even among the Lower Realms. Then how did her mother know of arrays?

Grandfather Feng did not notice her doubts as he continued, "In fact, Mo Qian is here due to this garden as well. He's the adopted son of my sworn brother, who is conducting a research on flow of spiritual energy. A few years ago, I noticed that the wood system spiritual energy here seems thrice as abundant. So Mo QinLi sent his son here to look at the situation before he visits. A pity that no one of our family has the wood system."

Mo Qian looked around while the maids poured the tea. He seemed utterly disinterested in the garden. Feng Mian wondered if there was any other meaning to his visit apart from the garden. She was also curious about Mo QinLi and Mo Qing. Mo Qing's cultivation was significantly higher than her grandfather's. Then the father of Mo Qian was sure to be an extraordinary figure as well, especially in terms of North Country.

Reaching this height at such a young age and in a place with so little spiritual energy concentration, he is a once-in-a-thousand-years genius.

And Mo QinLi... His research on spiritual energy flow...

It is sure to be interesting.