stay

listen to the song i added

the next morning, i woke up in a hot sweat. i quickly wiped my forehead with my shirtsleeve and stepped out of bed.

i walked to the bathroom and looked into the mirror for a while before washing face.

"who am i?" i said to myself as i stared into my reflection.
"someone who loves? or kills?"

i shook my head and brushed my teeth. i wasn't hungry.

today was the day. the day to see brooklynn once again. the day to talk to her. let her know the capitol did this to her.

i sighed as i left my house.
i hustled to clayton's house and then made up with the team along with Coin.

"today is the day. the beginning of the second rebellion. we shall go grab brook and allow her to join you on your mission. good luck."

she pointed to her hand to a door and it slowly opened. brooklynn came out in handcuffs followed by two peacemakers.

"brook." i muttered.

the peacemakers carefully took off her handcuffs.

she looked deadly. like she could kill me in an instant. like she would.

she held a trident in her right hand, as i did, and slowly walked towards us.

clayton stepped forward in tears.
"brooky..." he said.

brook finally looked away from me and ran into clayton's arms.

i thought she was a killin machine now. and then i got it. her mission was to kill me. only me.

i sighed and turned around.
"let's go." we walked a far distance and gathered about five more people until Boggs told us to stop.

"wait. finnick you got the bombs?"

i grabbed one out of my bag and threw it to him. he spun it around in his hand, observing it, and then threw it in between two buildings.

security alarms went off and darts flew all over the place, but finally it was safe. we all crossed until we reached a bunch of other heavily armed guys.

we took deep breaths and tried to fight them off. and we did. but they got to Boggs. he was dying.

i crouched down beside him.
"boggs..."

"finnick, you can do this. you don't need me. you don't need anyone. now go!"

there was a huge fountain and it soon swarmed with poisonous black oil. we ran as fast as we could and reached a tall building. i was almost there when someone pushed me back. i tripped and almost fell into the pond of poison. it was brook. clayton helped me up quickly and pulled brook away as we climbed the stairs to the building.