attack

•BROOK'S POV•
he walked away. he just walked away. i sighed. i did love finnick. nothing could ever change that. even if he did try to kill me at one point.

"at least you spoke to him." clayton said in a cheerful tone. i looked at him: "yeah. and made him run away," i said.

i was tired of all this. the running. the hiding. we both had to come out. at some point.

before i could get a hold of my self, i bolted from my seat and chased after finnick.

"finnick wait." i cried.

he spun around in a calm manner.
"yes?" he asked, politely.

"please don't walk away." i didn't realize i was actually crying. it had been such a rough year for us.

he took a deep breath.

"i need to talk to you. we need to talk." i explained.

"alright. about what?" he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"us. what happened, Fin? we we use to be fine."

"the truth." finnick said with a sigh..

"well yea but-."

"guys! get moving! NOW!" cressida pointed nonstop in our direction.

what was going on?

we didn't ask for an explanation but we ran. "cressida, what's going on?!" i asked, as we all kept running.

"mutts. the capitol sent mutts."

"mutts?!" i didn't want to look behind me so i didn't.

"yeah, like lizard zombie mutts." peeta said in fright.

"this isn't even the games!" i screamed, almost tripping.

finnick turned my way. "it's close enough for them! just...keep running!"

cressida took a glimpse back and motioned us to move faster.

"look! they're right behind us, come on!"

i turned around and one quickly jumped on my back.

"ahh!" i screamed in fright.
i didn't have time to pull the trident from my side.

"help!" i screamed louder.

everyone stopped in their tracks as more and more mutts attacked them.

soon enough, a trident went through the mutts body.

finnick.

"thank you." i murmured.

he nodded with no response.

i grabbed my trident and killed off about eight. finally, most mutts were gone so we kept running.

"peeta, let me see that bow!" i shouted.

peeta turned my way, quickening his pace on letting the bow release from his body and handed me it along with the shaft of arrows.

"thank you! now faster!" we ran and ran and ran til we had no where to go. the mutts were adding up.

"here!" clayton shouted, pointed to a ladder. "climb up here, they can't catch us!"

clayton and pollux climbed up the ladder as peeta, me, finnick, cressida and some other fought the mutts. i shot some with my arrows, then collected them back, and i stabbed some with the trident.

peeta has nothing but a sword but he was doing pretty well.

finally, i urged cressida, peeta, and the rest of the team to rush up the ladder.

"go, go, go!" finnick shouted. "i'm right behind you!"

i climbed the ladder and sat there, waiting for finnick to climb up. "come on, finnick!"

he stabbed one with a scream as a mutt bit into his shoulder.

he started to climb the ladder he barely had any strength.

"give me your hand!" i screamed.

he reached his hand up to grab mine and before we all knew it, he was getting pulled back by at least ten mutts.

"no!" i screamed in tears.

i shot as many mutts as i could and finally, all the mutts were dead after a few minutes of shooting. maybe they weren't the only things dead.

finnick has gotten eaten alive and melted like candle wax.

what did y'all think about this chapter? sorry it's been so long. my data has been VERY slow. please, comment  feedback and don't forget to rate! ily all!💖