02-Chapter Two

After leaving Mr. Harrison's place, I went back over my house. I crawled upstairs and pulled out my phone to call up a few people to come over. I wasn't going to waste a perfectly good space of time to get cross faded without my parents being home. Besides, it was my birthday. I needed a little celebration. So my friends came over and we chilled and listened to some music.

I inhaled sharply letting the smoke travel through my lungs, then I breathed out through my nose. The smoke relaxed me making my muscles relax. I fell back onto my bed, letting the cushions of my comforter catch me.

"Could you hurry up and pass the blunt?" My friend said.

I looked over at Ian who had been sitting on the chair across from the bed. He was one of my best friends. He had chocolate brown eyes and hair. His skin was tan, and he had a lean shape. He got that body from being a star player on the soccer team.

Ian's eyebrows were raised, and he reached out for the blunt. I snatched it back, taking another puff. "I'm not sharing my birthday blunt." I said exhaling.

He let out an irritated huff. "Don't be an ass." He said.

"Didn't you already smoke two?" Ivy chimed in. She was leaning against the window, crossing her arms. She had her strawberry red hair running over her shoulders. Her brown eyes were looking over at Ian, giving him an irritated look. She seemed to be irritated by everything today, and I knew why.

Ian leaned back against the headboard and grabbed his beer from the nightstand. "Yeah, and?" He said. He started to chug. Ivy rolled her eyes.

I sat up and ran my fingers through my thick hair. "My parents are gonna be home soon." I said. That was a lie, but I wanted to go to sleep and enjoy not having my angry girlfriend in my room. "You guys should go."

Ian slid off of the bed, almost tumbling to the floor. His eyes were bloodshot red. "Ight bro." He said setting his red cup back on the table. A little bit of the contents spilled onto my carpet. I inhaled sharply. Great. Another mess I had to clean up. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He gave me a fist bump and then stumbled out of the room. Ivy didn't move a smidge. Instead she stood there giving me death eyes.

I raised my eyebrows. "Umm, babe?" I said.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I don't understand." She said throwing her arms up in protest. She took a few steps closer to me, which is not what I wanted. "You're my boyfriend?"

I exhaled falling back on the bed. I didn't want to have this conversation again. "Not now Ivy." I said.

She tsked. "Not now?" She said with anger in her voice. "Tell me, am I ugly or something?" I shook my head. Not this again... "Am I too fat? Are my lips too thin?"

I sat back up. "Would you stop?" I said sternly.

She crossed her arms. "No!" She said. "Not until you tell me why you wont have sex with me." Her eyes were wide and her face was turning red. I've seen her like this before. There was never a time where she wasn't angry. Ivy complained about everything. I wondered why I even bothered to be with her. I didn't love her.

"Fine." I said standing up. "I'll leave." I grabbed my keys from the table beside me and headed over to my closet. I grabbed a random jacket.

"You are not leaving." She said.

I ignored her, acting like she wasn't there. Instead, I headed straight out of the room. She didn't follow me. She knew better to. I went down the stairs and out of the house to my car which sat beside the sidewalk.

I hopped into my beaten up Toyota and drove down the street.

My head was spinning. It was ridiculous how much she tried to push me. But it was even more ridiculous that I couldn't even bring myself to do it. This wasn't the first time I'd been in a relationship and had this problem. I thought maybe if I was with someone I was friends with, it would be different. We had a different connection. But still, I couldn't think of even being sexual with her.

I bit my lip, feeling sweat start to build on my forehead. There was only one thought that was popping into my mind. It was a thought that I had managed to suppress for months. But suddenly it was coming on so strong.

It didn't use to be a problem to push out these kind of thoughts. I had ways of holding them down. Like smoking and drinking, or getting a little "me time". But nothing was working. They were coming back.

I cursed myself. Why...Why was I like this?

After driving around for about an hour or so I found myself parked in front of an apartment complex. It was a building I knew all too well. I chewed on my bottom lip. I felt my heart thumping loudly in my chest. It was okay. One more time wouldn't hurt. Besides it never meant anything. I just needed to get rid of the cravings.

I gulped, trying to calm the alarming rate my heart was beating at. I pushed the door open and stepped out into the cold December air. It felt like I was being stabbed by icicles. I closed the door and rushed over to the front of the building. The doorman opened it for me, giving me a nod.

Inside was rich and velvety. The floors were deep red. The ceilings and walls were eggshell. Everything looked expensive, and it was. I went straight to the elevator and up to level five. I went down the hall to apartment 542 and stood there at the door for a moment.

I ran my fingers through my hair and rubbed them together. Then I raised my fist to knock. Before I could, the door opened.

Out popped a man. He was tall and lean with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. His body was thinly covered under the tight black shirt and jeans. When the man saw me, he smiled as if he was staring at a chunk of gold. He leaned against the door frame and bit his lip.

"Will?" He said with confusion in his voice. "What a lovely surprise."