09-Chapter Nine

"Will?" Ian said.

I turned and looked over at Ian. "Huh?" I said.

"You've been staring at the door." He spoke. "For like thirty seconds."

I blinked, snapping out of my trance. I looked back up at the door in front of me and took in a deep breath. I rose my fist and knocked three times and then waited. My chest tightened. I felt anxious for some reason. My nerves had been acting up. There was the sound of heels against marble clicking all the way to the door. Then it opened.

The same woman's face appeared. She at first looked confused when she saw us there. Then, she narrowed her eyes a bit more on me, then smiled. "Well, hello." She said with a thick British accent.

I raised my eyebrows. Why was she looking at me like that? "Is David here?" I asked.

She nodded. "He's in the kitchen." She said. "We're having dinner, why don't you come in?" The woman opened the door wider for us to come in.

I couldn't help but be a little creeped out. She gave me such a weird look. And, she immediately invited us to dinner when we didn't know her. Maybe she knew that I knew David. Or maybe she murdered him and wanted to murder us too.

"Dinner?" Ian said in a chipper voice. He was literally beaming. "Don't mind if I do." He slid in through the doorway and walked towards the kitchen using his nose to sniff out of the food. I walked in and followed close behind him.

"What are you doing?" I said as we went through the hallway. I wasn't planning on having dinner with the both of them. 

"You heard her." Ian said. "Free food." I wonder how he was even still alive. 

We took a left and ended up in the kitchen. David was there. He was standing by the stove stirring up a pot of something. He had on a white t-shirt which showed his rippling biceps and some gray joggers. He looked so casual. His hair even fell over his forehead.

I smiled. It was nice seeing him like this instead of in a million dollar suit.

"Will?" I snapped out of my gaze and saw David staring directly at me.

I felt my body temperature rising slowly. "Uh h-hi." I stuttered. Why the hell was I stuttering?

He walked over to me. The smell of his cologne was nice. It was sweet, yet masculine. "Did you need something?"

"I-uhhh...W-Well I-I-"

"I invited them for dinner." I turned my head, watching the woman from before waltz into the kitchen. She had a mischievous smile on her face. "Of course, I didn't know this was Will." She glazed her eyes over my body. "I thought he'd be...Older."

I raised my eyebrows. "Older?"

David cleared his throat. "Why don't you go and stir the vegetables Maya." He said. Maya chuckled. She walked over to the pot and started stirring. "Don't mind my sister. She's a little on the crazy side."

My lips parted a little and I nodded. She was his sister. I felt the knot untangling in my gut. I was...relieved?

"That's okay." I said.

David looked over at Ian, who had been playing with one of the vases from his counter. "And who's this?" He asked.

I crossed my arms. "That's Ian. My best friend." I said. "I apologize his behavior in advance."

David chuckled. "That bad huh?"

I smiled and nodded, running my fingers through my hair. 

"Why don't we pop some wine?" Maya said walking over to us. She had a bottle of wine in her hand and four glasses balanced in her fingers.

David rose his eyebrows at her. "Maya, they're underaged." He said.

She set the glasses down on the table and started pouring wine into all of them. "I don't think they mind." She said.

Ian picked one up. "I certainly don't." He said.

Maya chuckled. She picked one up and handed one of over to me. I took it. Alcohol calmed my nerves, so I never rejected a glass of one. But I admit, I was more of a scotch person. Wine was too fruity for my taste. 

I started sipping on the wine.

"Have a glass David." She handed one to her brother.

He smiled, but didn't take it. "I'm actually abstaining from alcohol." He said as he walked over to the stove where he'd been cooking.

She rolled her eyes then leaned against the counter looking over at me. "Don't mind him." Maya said. "He just get's really horny when he drinks."

I smiled, holding back a laugh. I looked over at David who had his eyebrows raised at his sister. She just shrugged.

"Will does too." Ian said sipping on his drink. "At a party, he got so drunk that he almost kissed me."

I froze. My cheeks burned as my face turned a deep red color. My stomach felt like it had been flipped upside down. I felt completely embarrassed. 

I chugged the last of the wine in my glass. "You know what, I think I'll have another one." I said setting my glass down.

Maya smirked as she poured me another glass.