06-Chapter Six

"So you're telling me that the blue M&M's are better than the red ones?" Ian said. He swirled his straw through his thick strawberry milkshake. His brown eyes were widened at me. 

I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes. "I didn't say that." I said. "Anyway why does it matter. They're all the same flavor anyway."

He rose his eyebrows. "They definitely taste a little different." He took a sip from his straw. 

I don't even know how we got on this topic. I could've sworn we were talking about the math test we both just bombed. I could tell Ian was definitely high. He would ask the stupidest questions when he had a buzz. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "You need to stop smoking so much pot." I said taking a chomp out of my burger. It tasted like old dry meat. It was exactly what I expected from a food court vendor at the mall. I kept nibbling on it anyway because I was that hungry. 

"Says you." He said. "You smoke a bowl every hour." 

I did not. In fact, the last time I got high was a week ago on my birthday. Which was weird for me.For some reason I just didn't feel the need to. 

I chuckled at his comment taking another chomp out of my sandwich. 

"Will." Ian said. "Don't look now." He said looking over to the space behind my head. "But there's a guy checking you out."

I raised my eyebrows and scoffed. A guy..? Checking ME out? "What do you mean?" I said putting my burger back on the plate. 

Ian looked back down into his cup. "He's been staring at you for like ten minutes straight." He said. "And he's doing some weird creepy face."

I know he told me not to look, but after that description, I couldn't help but to turn my head and take a peek. There was only one man in the area that was staring at me intently. My chest tightened as worry and anxiety took over my emotions.

I knew exactly who he was. Those blue eyes, and his dirty blonde hair. 

The man caught my stare, and smirked, making the feeling even more unsettling. I looked back over at my table, starring into space. I suddenly lost my appetite. I felt like scratching my hair out. I gulped feeling the aching build in my chest. 

"Uhh...dude?" Ian said. I looked up at Ian who was looking at me with raised eyebrows. "You okay?" He asked. "You look kind of pale."

Did I? Shit, I probably was. I gulped clearing the knot I had in the back of my throat. "I'm fine." I said my voice breaking a little. 

He chuckled. "I hope so." He said. "Cause ol' boy's coming right over here."

My eyebrows raised. "What!" I said spinning my head to the left. 

Ian broke into a fit of laughter, shaking his head. "I'm kidding." He said. He grabbed his chest, dying. 

I clenched my jaw. "DON'T play like that." I said to him.

He sipped on his drink, calming himself. "Calm down" He said. "Are you that homophobic?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up from my seat. "Come on let's go." I said. "I'm not hungry anymore and I want to catch the game."

Ian got up, stretching his arms out. My left pocket vibrated. I pulled out my phone glancing down at the bright screen. A sharp pain spread through my chest as I read who it's from.

Jamie: Your ass looks really nice in those jeans

I cringed at the text. I turned around, sticking my phone back into my pocket. There he was still sitting at his table smirking and sipping on his milkshake. I rolled my eyes, looking back over at Ian.