Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon

As soon as the ship landed, the sickly passenger emerged out the door and went over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he lost his lunch. All of the other students, including Skyler, Yang, Dante, and Ruby, walked out of the ship and headed down the paved path to the front of the school. But not before Skyler stopped and patted the nauseas guy's back out of pity.

"Thanks..." the guy moaned.

Skyler then quickly joined the rest of his friends and they all took in the entirety of Beacon Academy, "Wow..."

"The view from Vale's got nothing on this!" Dante exclaimed.

Ruby got so excited she looked like she was going to start floating through the air, "Oh my gosh, guys! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!"

"Easy there, little sister," Yang said, pulling her sister back into reality by the hood. "They're just weapons."

"I have a fire sword, and yet you're excited to see someone else's..." Skyler muttered under his breath in mock hurt.

"'Just weapons'?!" Ruby cried out. "They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!"

"Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon?" Yang asked. "Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby brought out her weapon, transforming it into its scythe form, "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people... but better..."

Yang playfully pushed her sister's hood down over her face, "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?"

Ruby took off her hood and pouted, "But... why would I need friends if I have you guys?"

"Way to use my words against me," Dante muttered.

"Well..." suddenly, Yang grabbed Skyler and Dante by the arms and dashed down the road with a group of random students. "Actually-our-friends-are-here-Gotta-go-catch-up-'Kay-see-ya-bye!!"

Skyler and Dante barely had time to cry out in protest as Ruby's form just got smaller and smaller in the distance.
______________________________________________
"Any particular reason why you dragged us over here and left poor Ruby to fend for herself?" Dante asked once Yang had stopped and let them go.

"Oh, please," Yang waved off, "I'm sure nothing bad will happen."

Skyler looked back just in time to see a small puff of red smoke rising back from where they left. He sweat-dropped, but decided on not saying anything about it right now.

Instead, he replied, "Add this to the list of reasons why you should never lead a team."

"Hey!" Yang huffed, her face flushing for a second while she crossed her arms. "At least it wasn't the bar you took us to."

"Ah, yes! The time where you almost killed the bartender via broken neck?" Skyler retorted with a smug grin.

"She was giving you the hungry 'I want your body' look."

"How would you know what that looks like? Or why would you even care?"

A blush spread across Yang's face, her blurting out, "No reason!!"

Skyler blinked confusingly before shrugging, "Whatever. Let's find where everyone's meeting up."

He started walking away and Yang let out a comedic sigh of relief. Dante just looked at her with a knowing smirk.

"Smooth."

"Shut it, Williams."

"I can't help it that you two are adorable."