Part 8.) Unfaithful

"Does it look bad?"

"You look okay Jake, calm down."

"Latimore i got shot.. I'm not gonna calm down." I said eating this nasty ass jello, i can't wait to leave this hospital!  "Miss!"

"Yes!" The nurse yelled.

"When can i go?"

"Just a few minutes sir, i have to get your leg rapped up in this cast." She.said propping my leg up.

Its crazy, that i felt i was gonna die when really i had only gotten shot twice in my leg, not so bad i guess.

"Oh yeah and i almost forgot to mention... You can not be discharged unless a parent, guardian or family friend signs these papers."

"Damn are you serious? I had to fucking  bitch slap my mom down the basement steps for me to get out alive... Who else can i get?"

Latimore smirked. "sooo i have this ideaaa..."

"ughh Latimore would you just tell me what it is?"

"Okay, okay. There's this guy name Rayan.. I think you might know him...."   

"Ughh Okay.."

"For real?"

"Hand me your Damn phone."

Latimore handed me his phone. I called Ray and His mom answered, she and him were commin, i guess she was gonna sign my papers.

Hours passed and soon enough Latimore and I and Ray were all in his moms car... We didn't speak.

"Soo um..." Jacob L. Started. "This is Awkward.

"Umm well then, uhh... The weather is nice today!" Ray said.

"I agree!"

"Both y'all idiots shut up!" I said.

"Latimore, look who decided to speak and cut us off... Mister blow off his best friend and call him to rescued him two days later without a thank you."

"Ray don't start with me."

"Ughhh whatever. So what happen, did Chres do it?"

"Fuck no! I mean... Sorry ms. Lopez!"

I watched her nod than i continued.

"It was my mom.."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah. Don't act all surprised i mean you did alway mention that it looks like I'm being abused more than what Chres does."

"I just- i just- i can't believe this, why?"

"Cause i refuse to sleep with people for money, cause i refuse to do drugs when she say, i go to school when she already told me a thousand times to drop out and become a male prostitute full time. I hide money from her... But i guess most of all it's because i look like my father, she hates that."

"God, I'm so so sorry i..."

"Don't feel sorry for me. I'm good, I'm living." I said looking at my swollen leg. " Do you hate me Ray?"

"Why would I?"

"Causes of what i did."

"No. Loosing you made me realize that you were right. As your best friend I should help you, have your back... I'm sorry."

I smiled. I knew that i was a tad bit wrong that day and I'm glad that Ray could be the better man and apologize to me for both our wrongs. I hade a great best friend and Latimore is sleep in my Damn lap.. I knew this nigga was too quiet.

Ray's mom pulled up to my house, we stood there before she realized that i didn't wanna go back.

"Jacob, aren't you gonna go... Go see how your mom is holding up sense your accident?"

Didn't she just hear what i just said?!

"actually, my mom is the cause of all this. I don't think it's safe for me to go back."

"Well..... I guess you can stay at our home for a bit, maybe. Would you like to go pack your things?"

"Thank you so much Ms Lopez, i really appreciate you opening your door for me and nah, i don't have anything."

"Nothing?"

I nodded.

"No.. Clothes?"

I continued shaking my head.

"What do you wear to school?"

"Ray and Jacob Ls  clothes from ages ago.. But now I'm catching up to their size so i just borrow clothes now and then."

She gave me a strange unreadable look wile nodding before driving back to their place.

____________________________________

That day we went shopping and got me new clothes and shoes. We watched a movie and ate dinner, it was nice actually. Jacob L. Stayed the night and he planing something, i could tell.

the three of us were really bored. Ray sitting crisscrossed on the wooden floor, Jacob L. lying in Rays bed and i was sitting at his computer.

"So..." Ray said dryly.

"I know.." I stated.

"Know what?"

"That you wanna know."

"I do. And I'm sure Latimore does too."

"I do." Jacob L. Began. "Why didn't you tell us about it? About being poor, having an abusive mom who not only NOT feed you and make you do drugs.. But also gives you to older women for money and does drugs herself, why didn't you tell us?"

"Simply too much. I was afraid of loosing y'all."

"Jacob, why would we leave? Like I've told Chresanto repeatedly, we've been here for the little shit, well be here for the big shit as well." Latimore said straight faced.

"Yeah man, even if we wouldn't have accepted the fact it's better to speak out, least you'd find out who's real and who's not."

"Yeah." I agreed.

"You goin back?" Ray asked.

"I don't know."

"Do me a favor.. Don't!" Jacob L. Said. "She'll hurt you she's nuts! And what's the story about your dad?"

I hesitated. Oh the hate that i had for my father was so so strong. He did this to me, caused great pain. And to think that he was the greatest father ever... Yeah up until i was six, and my mom was not better when i was around that age. she was a fool for trusting him. Fuck. My fucking life is fucked.

I was breathing hard when Ray called my name. I came back to earth from my flash back and i grew very angry.

"Look..." I started. "My dad was the greatest man in the world... And my mom was the best. Thought life was perfect back then, like i'd live like that forever. Ya know happily ever after. Wrong! It started the day my dad missed my sixth birthday party... No biggie. A couple months later he was late from work, then didn't stay the nights next he stop coming home for weeks... Months at a time. My mom trusted him, she loved him. 'He's a very busy man' she'd say but i knew something was wrong. One day i heard my dad screaming at my mom and also beating her, that's when i figure 'oh he's done this before, she lied about falling down the steps'. He said that he would stay with her only if she let him do it, she nodded wile covering her mouth and crying. I ran back to my room. two minutes later she put me in the tub and left. Two more minutes later my dad came in and locked the door.behind him. My mom screamed and cried 'no' but after that day i no longer gave a fuck about either of them. A week later he left her, he left us... for a man.

____________

10+ Votes and 5+Comments for the next chapter!