Day 17, Part 3

Craig arrived at the party fashionably late. To make himself feel better, he pretended that it was on purpose and not because he kept deciding to not go halfway to the party only to change his mind.

The first person he saw upon entering was Stan trying to suck up to his girlfriend, Craig grimaced. The two of them were such a mess of a couple he didn't understand how they were still together. Tweek and I would be cuter, a voice in Craig's head said.

He wanted to hit something. He's supposed to be forgetting about him. So he did what any sane person in his predicament would do, he got wasted.

That was his plan at least, but two hours later when he was definitely not wasted and was actually just leaning against a wall near the booze, he decided that his plan was failing. Craig didn't even know why! He's never had a problem getting drunk before.

So that's when he decided to go for plan B if he couldn't drink his problems away surely he could fuck his problems away.

That was the plan at least. That is until he walked up to Kyle and put his arm around him. There were a couple of things that happened all at the same time. First, he realized that he couldn't stop comparing everything about Kyle to Tweek. Then at the same time that happened, Kyle was shoving him away.

Craig sat on the floor humiliated. He felt gross, not only for trying to hit on Kyle, but Craig felt he was cheating on Tweek. This, of course, was ridiculous. He never felt sorry for hitting on people, and then there's the fact that he and Tweek weren't dating.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice that Butters was sitting next to him until he started speaking. "You should know better than trying to flirt with Kyle."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

There was nothing said for a while, but eventually, Craig couldn't take it any longer, "why aren't you with Kenny?"

Butters curled in on himself, and at that moment Craig felt terrible for him, "I don't know. He kind of abandoned me earlier, I'm scared."

Craig didn't know what to do. He's never been good at comforting people, especially people like Butters. "If it makes you feel any better I messed up my friendship with Tweek."

Butters shook his head in sadness, "it's not the same, Kenny doesn't care about me the way Tweek cares about you."

"What's that supposed to mean," Craig said defiantly.

Butters started picking with the hem of his shirt, "Tweek actually likes you, and you would know that if you weren't so blind."

Craig didn't know how to tell Butters that Tweek definitely didn't like him without coming off as rude so. Instead, he just said, "Kenny does like you. He told me himself."

Butters sighed, "Kenny doesn't know what love is." Then with that Butters got up and walked away.

Craig had a lot to think about, even if he didn't want to. It's time to face his fears though. He didn't let himself over think it anymore as he clicked on Tweek's contact and held his phone to his ear.