Day 26, Part 2

Craig stepped into the lunch room and immediately stopped. He could see Token, Clyde, and Tweek sitting with each other and smiling. Craig felt the strong urge to leave and pretend like this never happened.

He was about to too, but then he saw Kenny frowning at him from his table with all of his friends. And Craig was too prideful to walk out knowing someone's seen him.

So he dragged himself to the table where his friends were and sat down. The table immediately went silent. He didn't know what to.

When the silence continued for an unusual amount of time, Craig got up to leave.

Right before he left though Tweek jumped up, "wait!"

Clyde glared at Tweek as Craig slowly sat back down. Craig hoped that maybe this was the start of them talking again. So he was definitely disappointed when not only did they not start talking but because of Tweek's loud outburst everyone was staring at them. Tweek looked down, but Craig could still see a blush of embarrassment on his face. Craig wanted to comfort him, but he didn't know if he was allowed to or not so he just in his chair.

The silence was finally broken by Clyde who just said, "what are you doing here Craig?" It made Craig's heart hurt to hear his best friend for so long talk to him in such a way. Craig figured he deserved to feel this way.

Craig knew that this was the time to apologize, but for some reason, it's so much easier to say sorry to people who you don't care about so much. Craig knew that was a stupid excuse though so he replied, "I wanted to say sorry."

Even though Craig was looking at Clyde as he said it, he could see Tweek from the corner of his eye. He had a small confused frown on his face, and Craig wanted to kiss him at that moment. Obviously, he didn't because that was highly inappropriate, but it did make him long for a time when he could.

"Well?"

Apparently, Clyde was talking when he was spacing out. Great. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Token answered, "why did you wait until now to apologize?"

Craig decided to respond honestly, "I've been busy with my dad and everything, and honestly I don't have a good reason." Craig waited to see everyone's reactions before continuing, "I have been a shitty person, and there's no excuse for that." Then Craig turned to Tweek, "what I've done to you is unacceptable, but I want you to know that I stopped caring about that stupid bet a while ago. Even though it was horrible, I don't regret it because then I would never have all of the good memories of you."

Craig waited for Tweek to talk, he needed him to speak, "thank you."

"That's it?"

Tweek started picking at his hands, "I-I don't know i-if I can forgive you y-yet."

Craig breathed out, "I understand, but I miss you guys, can we at least pretend that everything's fine."

Tweek nodded his head. "Y-Yeah."

As if on queue the lunch bell rang signaling the end of lunch. While it wasn't great, things were getting better which is all that mattered.

The rest of school went by quickly, and soon it was over. Craig was able to run swiftly towards Token, "can I get a ride back to my place?"

Token looked unsure for a minute before nodding, "yeah, sure."

Craig grinned, "thanks I owe you one."