16

I screamed. I didn't wanna be back on the other side of the black wall. I know that he said he needed my help but what if he was just saying that. What if he just wanted to kill me or something? I shake my head and looked up at him then back to the wall. It wasn't black anymore. 

"Ugh." I groaned. Carter was still standing in front of me and then hugged me again.

"We will get out Courtney. I promise." He said when putting his hand on my shoulder. 

"Now, what did you do to the wall?" He looked at the inventer. 

"Ha. I said I needed her help, didn't I? I made the wall spin without you even touching it so you guys came back over. I sighed. 

"Let us go now!" I shouted. I started to look around. Only me and Carter are on this side of the wall. No sign of my sister. I hope that meant they made it save and are still on the other side of the wall. 

"I need your help don't you even want to know with what?" He asked. 

"No. Let. Us. Go. NOW!" I screamed again. I looked towards the wall and it was changing color. It was turning black. "Woah..." 

Carter pulled me into a back hug so I was in front of him. 

"Now where's the book?" I said looking back and then towards the bookcase. I found the book on the ground. I went up to grab it and then it disappeared. 

"Ugh! GIVE THE BOOK!" I was starting to get annoyed. I didn't wanna be here anymore. I don't understand anything. When I am on my side of the wall I want to come back and help him but then when I am here, on the other side of the wall, with him. I don't want to help him at all. I just wanna leave more than anything. I shake my head. "Give me the book now. I want to leave this place." 

I saw the book reappear in his hand. "Oh, this book." He said waving it. 

"Give it now." 

"Not until you help me..."