Chapter 3

It was the second day of being a part of the EPD for Cream. Or rather the second day of being a meter maid.

Shadow told Cream that she was still assigned parking duty, and for a second day on the job, it wasn't better. This time, after putting parking tickets on some cars, the owners of the cars caught her putting a ticket on their vehicles, and none of them were happy.

"Hey! I was thirty seconds over!" one Mobian shouted angrily.

"Some cop you are!" another sarcastically said.

"Come on, rabbit! I've already got taxes to deal with!" a third shouted.

Cream did her best not to let the insults get to her. She sighed and whispered to herself, "I am a real cop..." repeatedly.

As she was walking back to the kart, she heard someone shouting angrily.

"Stop!" the person shouted.

Cream ignored them. It was probably just another person shouting about getting a ticket. However, someone rushed over to her and said, "Officer! Help! My shop just got robbed! She's getting away!"

Cream faced the direction the man was pointing. She saw a female red fox dressed in a black outfit running away. She was running away with a backpack, which was probably full of what she robbed from the person.

'This is my chance! I'll show Chief Shadow that I am a real cop!' thought Cream.

"Don't worry sir! I got it!" Cream told the Mobian.

She broke into a run. As she ran, Cream ripped off her orange vest so that her original police uniform was more visible, to signify that she was a real cop. Cream ran as fast as she could in pursuit of the thief.

The red fox ran as fast as she could. She quickly turned back to see that Cream was following her. She growled angrily.

"I am not going to get owned by a rabbit! I'm Fiona Fox, and I'm a master thief!" she muttered angrily.

With a plan to lose Cream, Fiona ran into a shopping center. Since there were lots of people walking around, there would be a crowd for Cream to get through.

"You! Stop right there!" Cream shouted angrily.

She chased after the fox, and even when the pursuit got into the shopping center, Cream had a trick to get around the crowd. She started to flap her ears, and she flew off the ground. Cream figured out how to flap her ears like wings so she could fly, and when she trained to be a police officer, she improved in her flying skills and could fly faster than back when she was a kid.

Fiona turned around, and when she saw that Cream was still in pursuit of her, she was shocked, but still angry.

"Urgh! Just get off my tail already!" she shouted.

She started to dart through the crowd, pushing anyone who got in her way aside.

Cream did her best to fly after Fiona, and their chase ended up at a balcony. Fiona kept on running, and she even had an idea to keep Cream distracted. She spotted a female, yellow hedgehog, so Fiona grabbed her, and threw her over the rail.

"AHHH!" the hedgehog cried.

Cream quickly flew in and caught the hedgehog before she could hit the ground.

"Thank you!" the hedgehog thanked her.

"No problem," Cream said, smiling.

She set the hedgehog down on the ground and continued to chase after Fiona.