Chapter 4

Now that he was stuck helping her in the case about Jet the Hawk, Tails walked Cream through the streets of Emeraldtopia and to a park. There, they saw a purple chameleon doing a meditation exercise.

"This is where Jet the Hawk went to?" asked Cream.

"Yeah. I saw him go to that purple chameleon and talk to him," said Tails.

Cream walked over to the purple chameleon. As she did, Tails watched her. He crossed his arms and didn't show any expression.

'I just hope that after this is over with, I can get that pen and avoid trouble. I'm sick of all the trouble just because of the fact that I'm a fox...' he thought.

Cream walked up the purple chameleon and said, "Excuse me?"

The purple chameleon opened his eyes and said, "Hello. Espio the Chamelon. How can I help you?"

"Officer Cream the Rabbit. I'm working on a case for Jet the Hawk. He's been missing for a while. Do you know him?" Cream said. She pulled out the photo of Jet and Wave to show Espio.

"Jet? Oh sure I know him. I teach yoga classes and he's one of my students. I haven't seen him for a while. He stayed for a short while the last time he showed up, because he said he had to cut his time in his last session short," said Espio.

"Why did he have to leave early?" asked Cream. She pulled out her notepad and started to write down notes.

"A car came by to pick him up. He said he had to go somewhere and meet someone," said Espio.

"Any information on what the car looks like?" asked Cream.

"I don't remember what it looks like, but I did catch the license plate. It was D29HG03," said Espio.

Cream wrote down the license plate number and said, "Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome. When you find Jet, please tell him I said, 'hello'," said Espio.

Cream and Tails walked out of the park. Cream looked over her notes as she read over them, but Tails was feeling impatient.

"Well, anyone can run a license plate, so I guess I don't need to help you out anymore. I was glad to help you out. You're welcome for the clue. I'll just take that pen, and we'll be on our ways and part as colleagues," said Tails.

"What did you say? Anyone can run a license plate? I'm not in the system yet, so... any ideas?" Cream asked him with a smirk.

Tails sighed in frustration. He didn't want to be kept on the hook for long, but he had to keep helping Cream.

"Actually," he said, forming a fake smile, "I have a buddy at the DMV who can help you out."

Shortly later, Tails brought Cream to the DMV. As they walked up to the DMV, Tails said, "Flash is the fastest guy in there. You need anything, then he'll be there to help you."

Cream sighed in relief and said, "Oh thank goodness. We are really short on time, so it'll be good that-"

Before she could continue, Cream cut herself off as they entered the DMV. That's when she saw what kind of Mobians the staff at the DMV were.

"Wait, they're all sloths?!" she asked.

Sure enough, all the DMV staff members were sloths, and they were super slow with every movement they made. Cream wasn't happy with this. This could waste her precious time on solving the case.

"What? You're saying that just because they're sloths, they can't move fast?" Tails snapped at her.

Cream didn't say anything. She just followed him as he walked her up to a counter where a sloth was waiting.