Chapter 9

After getting the information from Fiona, Tails and Cream headed to the downtown district of Emeraldtopia and found the abandoned subway entrance Fiona told them about. No one was around the area, so they got through the closed off entrance and entered the subway tunnels.

It was dark, but after getting underground, Tails and Cream saw an old train car sitting on some old tracks. It may have been sitting there, but they could see lights on. That meant that someone could be in there.

When there were no trains running past them, Tails and Cream crossed the tracks and quickly and quietly made their way up to the train car. They spotted a window and peeked in. No one was in sight, so they opened it up and slipped into the train car quietly.

"Just as I thought... Night Howlers..." Cream said.

She and Tails found a garden of the flowers set up, but at the other end of the train car was some chemistry equipment.

"Yeah. Looks like this Scourge guy has been using the Night Howlers to make a drug and getting it to those guys who went crazy..." said Tails.

Suddenly, they heard someone coming. Tails and Cream quickly hid under a table. The person who came in was a green hedgehog with scars on his chest. It was Scourge. He got into a radiation suit and put on a mask as he picked up a barrel and poured some flower petals into a pot.

Tails and Cream watched him as he did his work with the chemistry set, and in just seconds, Scourge created a blue, round dart that had the chemicals from the flower inside of it. He put it inside of a dart gun that he had with him.

A phone started ringing, and Scourge pulled out his cell phone.

"Hey babe, what's the target?" he told the person on the other end.

There was a pause on the other end.

"Can I hit a cat? Of course I can! Listen, I hit a hawk while he was sitting in a moving car!" said Scourge.

He got up and walked up to a board that had a map of the city. There were photos of Mobians, all predators, that had markings on the map, probably to indicate where they were going to be and where to dart them next.

Right next to the map was another corkboard with more photos of Mobians, and they were the Mobians who already went savage.

Cream and Tails saw photos of Jet and Sticks on the board. Cream did her best not to gasp. She was right. Someone was targeting these Mobians and making them go savage.

"Anyway babe, I'll tell you about it when I finish up my work. Or if you see it on the news. Whichever comes first," said Scourge.

There was a knock on the door.

"Scourge, I got you your latte! You owe me five bucks!" said a voice on the other side.

Scourge side and said, "Look, Mephiles is back. I gotta go, babe. Bye."

Scourge hung up on his phone and walked back to the door where Tails and Cream snuck in through the window. The green hedgehog opened the door and saw a dark grey hedgehog with creepy green eyes standing outside, holding a portable coffee cup.

"Did you get whipped cream this time to?" he snapped at Mephiles.

Suddenly, Scourge got pushed over and knocked out of the train. Cream snuck up behind him and pushed him out. She locked the door before Scourge or Mephiles could try to grab her.

"Cream, what are you doing?! You just trapped us in here!" said Tails.

"We have to get this evidence to the EPD!" said Cream.