Welcome to Santa Carla (The Murder Capital of The World)

Taking a deep breath, Hermione quickly gathered her thoughts. "Okay so this, however real, is still a movie and we both know that in this movie's world there are no witches so technically until the movie comes to an end we probably won't have any access to our magic. At least that's the theory I'm going with at the moment."

Ginny seemed relieved to have some hope that it was only temporary. "So we just have to wait it out then?"

Hermione's brows furrowed, "Unfortunately no."

"No? What do you mean no?" The redhead said agitated.

"The spell... we said 'rewrite', so if we don't change the story I'm not sure the spell would break. It could put the world in a loop and give us a second chance or just make it where we can't leave and have to live in a non-magical 80's version of America."

"So, what you're saying is if we don't change anything we could be stuck here."

"Possibly."

Ginny looked annoyed at her bookworm friend's lack of answers.

It made the brunette huff in frustration, "This isn't an exact science and it wasn't something I've ever researched okay? It was just a stupid drunken spell that neither of us were prepared for, so we will both be going into this spell blind."

Ginny looked down at her feet chastised. "Sorry... I just wanted a more solid answer, I know you don't know everything."

"Not for lack of trying," the brightest witch of her age joked.

Ginny cracked a slight smile at that before getting more serious and asking, "So how do we plan on changing this movie then?"

"Well, I'd like to stay as far away from the Santa Carla vampires as possible but I'm not sure that's an option."

"I'd like that too. Why isn't it an option? I mean, the movie has other characters. Ones that aren't psychopathic killers."

"Vampires," Hermione said mockingly.

It took the redhead a minute, but she got that her earlier words were coming back to bite her and not in the fun way. Though, she supposed that in this world there was no pleasant way to be bitten.

"That's not fair. I was drunk when I said that."

"Still said it." Ginny stuck her tongue out at her fellow magicless witch. "Really mature Gin. Anyways back on topic, I think we will have to interact with the Lost Boys because of the intent behind the spell."

"What intent? We said we'd change the story and there's gotta be a dozen or so ways to do that from the sidelines."

"Yes, but before we said the spell we talked about saving the Lost Boys. So if this was cast with that intent then that's how we break the spell."

"...You really think the intention matters that much?"

"We could only get one shot at this, so I think we need to proceed like it does."

The redhead's freckles suddenly became a much more noticeable feature as all the color seemed to leave her face.

"I know it'll be dangerous, but we've been through worse we'll get through this."

"Ya..." She mumbled, and Hermione feels like she's missing something. "Ginny... your intention was to save the boys when you cast the spell right?"

"Yes!" Her voice was much too high to be a completely honest answer but before she could confront her on it the younger girl started sending rapid fire questions her way, "So where do we start? What part of the movie are we at? Where are we going to stay for the rest of our time here? My throat is dry where can we get a drink?"