The Change Part 1

Author's Note: This and the next chapter were the same chapter but due to the length I broke it into two parts for this site.

-

They promptly landed and nearly fell over inside of the abandoned building that they slept in the night before.

"Hermione!?" Ginny yelled out steadying the other girl, "Honestly! What were you thinking?"

"...I wasn't." She grabbed a hold of Ginny's arm trying to wait out the dizziness.

"Obviously! He could have killed you!" Ginny realized quickly that her friend wasn't listening. "Oh bloody hell." Bloody was right the redhead thought upon seeing Hermione's still bleeding arm. "Hermione you need to heal your arm like right now." The girl in question muttered her agreement but nothing happened. "Hermione?"

"I'm trying... it's not working."

The brunette was staring at her arm like it offended her so Ginny quickly nicked her finger with the knife she had gotten from Paul and proceeded to heal her friend. Once the cut sealed itself back together Ginny let out a sigh of relief and healed herself, feeling even more fatigued. One look at Hermione and she knew that sleep wasn't on the menu at the moment. "Come on you need a drink."

"I'm never drinking again," Hermione deadpanned causing Ginny to roll her eyes.

"I meant water, come on." The younger girl pulled the arm she still held to get the older girl to follow her. "We need to make sure you stay hydrated."

"Yeah... water is good." The brunette let herself be dragged but mumbled, "Sleep would be even better."

Ginny heard her words but ignored them. Sure all she wanted to do was sleep but the last thing they needed was Hermione getting sick. So water first, then sleep, and then she'd totally be chewing her friend out. Really, the redhead never thought she'd be getting onto Hermione Granger, of all people, about thinking things through. Honestly, who lets a vampire feed on them like that... Sure it wasn't a bite but it could've been. It might as well have been.

Ginny had a headache from all this so for now she pushed it to the side and focused on getting the water. Water then sleep. Everything else could wait... okay, not really but it would have to, because pulling an all-nighter with barely any sleep the night before that was just asking for them to make stupid decisions.

Like Hermione offering her arm up on a silver platter to a freakin' vampire. Ginny shook her head and reminded herself that she wasn't going to think about it that. Of course, that didn't work out very well but at least she got Hermione some water. Fluids were important, the redhead thought, watching the sunrise before once again taking hold of the other girl and leading her to a semi-empty building to sleep. Semi because there was someone asleep in the corner, or at least the younger of the two hoped they were sleeping, but at this point she was too tired to really care.

Another thing she'd deal with in the morning er- when she woke up.

Hermione fell asleep fast but Ginny's mind, whether it was due to sharing the area with some unknown possibly dead person or the events of the previous night, was racing. She fell into a restless sleep two hours later only to be awakened four hours after that by Hermione.

"Gin come on wake up."

The girl groaned and shoved the hand shaking her away, "Five more minutes."

Hermione rolled her eyes as the other witch drifted back to sleep. The brunette decided to cast a muggle repellent spell on the sleeping girl and wrote in the dirt 'be back soon getting lunch.'