Of Witches, Vampires, and Sleeping Halflings

The cave was quiet for a few seconds after her proclamation, but it didn't stay that way once Paul dumped the unconscious Michael on the couch. Marko seemed to take that as the signal to start laughing again.

David, on the other hand, looked less than amused despite the smirk his face was sporting.

"Well, we can't have that now can we," David said from across the cave only to, in the next moment, be right in front of her.

"Okay so you're fast. Nice trick and all but I've seen scarier silent films."

Not true but he didn't have to know that.

"Is that so?" He was directly in front of her close enough to feel his breath. Not a good distance to be in when it came to a vampire but backing down now was not an option as he was clearly trying to intimidate her and the last thing she needed was for him to know that it was working.

Not only that, but not far behind her was Dwayne. Though she couldn't see him, she knew he was there. This could go badly if she wasn't careful.

"Yeah." She shrugged and glanced behind him as a way to collect her nerves. "And I suppose I was expecting something like a castle and coffins too... but a cave works I guess."

He backed away some as Dwayne spoke up from behind her, "I'll give the girl some credit. Her heart rate isn't nearly as fast as it should be right now."

The vampire in front of her looked smug, "True but I can still smell fear."

He got her there. Damn vampire senses.

"It'd be stupid not to be at least a little bit afraid, but I'm not overly concerned. I'm familiar with life and death situations... and I hardly think this qualifies as one."

"Oh?" The blonde raised an eyebrow, "You don't think we can kill you?"

"Well you could but I don't recommend it." She rolled her eyes feigning calmness.

"Why's that?" Paul asked joining in the conversation by jumping over the couch and landing next to his leader.

"Because if you did I'd take you all out with me. Magic you know." It's said so matter-of-factly that she was pretty sure they wouldn't try to call her bluff.

"I've noticed you have to be bleeding when you do your magic," the dark-haired vampire added. "If we snap your neck there's no blood."

"Maybe... but you really shouldn't take chances like that, should you? Even if it is the case, all I'd need to do was bite my tongue before you snapped my neck."

Wow, this conversation was morbid but really, they're vampires. What could else did she expect?

"As fascinating as this is, especially the blood portion, we should all relax and just enjoy the night, don't you agree?"

"Not with the blood part obviously, but sure. It'd be interesting to see what vampires do with all of that spare time."

Grinning, David glanced back at the vampire furthest away, "Marko take Michael home so he can sleep it off."

"Aww come on why me? Make Paul do it?" The youngest looking one complained but one look from the other vampire has him obeying the order and lifting up the newly made half-vampire with an ease that no one person, let alone one smaller than Michael, should be able to do by themselves.

"Make sure not to do any neat magic tricks until I get back though alright?"

Was he really going to keep calling it magic tricks. That was kind of degrading. "...I'll try to restrain myself."