8. Life or death!

I could feel the adrenalin rush threw me as I lunged forwards to avoid getting hit. This is life or death. Or at least that’s what I felt in the moment. I was lying on the ground between to bushes, begging not to be seen. As promised I joined their paintball game. Luckily we split into teams so I wasn’t alone. Louis, Harry and Zayn was one team, and Liam, Niall and I were the other. The rules were simple, if you got hit three times you were out.

In this exact moment I had no idea were Niall and Liam were, they might not even be in the games for all I knew. The only thing I knew was that they had given me one mission. Determinate Harry. He was the best player on the other team, but they would expect Niall to get him since he was the best on our team so we had to do the unexpected. And what was more unexpected than sending the weakest link, and not to mention the most frightened. My heart was pounding as never before, and I could barely control my breathing.

I knew Harry wasn’t far from were I lay. Apparently he always staid in the base while the others “killed”. Harry was kind of their secret weapon. So was I, but not in a good way. If I got to Harry I couldn’t even guarantee that I wouldn’t scream. Why the hell did I agree to do this?

As I crawled closer to my target I suddenly heard some swearing. That could only mean one thing. Niall was out. Fuck, I thought to myself and rolled behind a bush.

My only possibility to defeat Harry was to surprise him really bad. This meant that I had to sneak up behind him so I would see him before he saw me. Not only was Harry an incredible lookout, but in addition I sucked at being quiet, especially when I was terrified.

Deep in my head my brain tried to tell me that the worst thing that could happen was that he shot me, but the rest of me wouldn’t listen. This was all or nothing.

“Damn you, you messed up my hair,” I heard Zayn yelling from a place from far away. Yes! Now we had a better chance. Hopefully Liam was still in the game to take out Louis.

I silently crawled a bit closer, but then stopped not to get noticed. As I heard a sound I was about to turn and scream but a hand covered my mouth.

“Shh,” Liam said almost without a sound. After he trusted me enough to let his hand away from my mouth he pointed in one direction and mimicked “Louis,”

I understood what he meant. He was going to take out Louis and create a distraction.

He counted to three with his fingers and then stood up and ran toward Louis. There was no time to waste. I stood up and started running towards their base. I threw myself at the ground and tried to calm my heavy breathing. Now I was only a few meters from Harry, luckily I was hidden by a stone.

I heard a lot of shooting, and from what I understood from Harry, Louis and Liam’s screaming Liam managed to shoot Louis, but then Harry shot Liam, which meant me and Harry was the only ones left.

Showtime, I said to myself.

“Eh Harry!” I screamed while standing up. Just as he turned around I shot as many shots as I could towards him while closing my eyes.

When I dared to open my eyes I met Harry’s eyes. His clothes were covered in colorful painting. I was about to apologize when someone came from behind me and lifted me up.

“You did it girl!” Niall screamed excited. Zayn and Louis came towards Harry. Louis put one of his hands on Harry’s shoulders and looked at him.

“I have never been so disappointed in you. Never,” He said with a dramatic voice. Zayn gave him a soft push.

“Not only did you loose, but you lost to a girl. That’s bad man,” He said while looking at my team with jealous eyes.

“We will never let you forget this,” Niall said while putting me down. Liam came to me with a huge smile.

“I knew you could do it,” he said proudly. I was about to tell him how awful it was but I wouldn’t give them a reason to think I was weak.

“Easiest thing I’ve ever done,” I said while grinning at Harry. He let his fingers run threw his hair while shrugging.

“Sorry mates, but I hadn’t the heart to destroy her, I’m just not that cold,” he said while smiling back at me.

“Oh shut up, you didn’t stand a chance,” I said to him, but he only smiled making me feel like a little kid.

“Jerk,” I mumbled before I fired one last shot at him. Even though I tried to keep my angry face I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw his expression.

“Oh no you didn’t,” He said and all hell broke loose.