Epilogue

This is it. Honestly, this story touched me in so many ways and tested my limits as a writer as well. I want to thank everyone who read as I wrote, left their comments and voted every time. I want to thank all of those who will read this story and I hope that it touches your hearts and inspires you to have a more open mind about the LGBT community.

~15 years later~

Ace's Pov:
"If anyone is buying you your first drink, it's going to be me." I said to Tyler as he blabbed about his twenty first birthday approaching.

"Is it too much to ask to go out to a bar with my friends to celebrate my birthday instead of being escorted by my parents?" He groaned.

"Hey, you can do whatever you want. Just don't come crying to me when you order tequila on your first try and you can't keep it down." I walked into the living room, smirking to myself.

"Fine." I heard him mutter. I knew I had that won the second he mentioned doing body shots last week.

"He convinced?" Jason asked, he didn't even look up from his book.

"Of course." He held up his hand and I gave him a high five before sitting next to him.

I held onto his hand and twisted his wedding ring with my fingers mindlessly. We had just gotten married a few months ago, it was a long time coming, it took me forever to get the courage to ask.

~

It was a calm night, Tyler had just gone out with some friends to celebrate his eighteenth birthday. We didn't have any big plans for the night, just a nice dinner in and a movie that he would choose. We had made some burgers, fries and a salad together, joking around as we cooked. It was almost the same meal we had together when we first met.

I already had the ring bought months before the day I decided I would do it. A gold band encased in a velvet box that was burning a hole in my dresser drawer.

We sat and ate, enjoying each other's company and laughter. We watched Titanic, a movie he had never seen but was dying to watch. He cried exactly when I had expected him to cry and he laughed at the right times.

I had seen the movie before so I just observed his reactions. Grinning when he couldn't see me and marveling at the awe in face when the ending scene came. I think it was then I knew I was going to do it.

Something about the moment just felt right. Any other time I had thought about proposing, left me with a puddle of sweat and the possibility of a heart attack. This time, I was just a little anxious but confident in the timing. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and went to my bedroom to retrieve the ring from my dresser drawer. I gripped the box in my hand and walked back out into the living room.

The movie had finished and Jason was wiping the tears from his face. "Wow! What a film." He laughed, he stopped suddenly and tilted his head. "Is everything okay?"

I walked so that I was right in front of him, I dropped to one knee and opened the box. He gasped but I continued. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Every day, my love for you has just magnified." My hand was shaking but I never broke eye contact with him. "Will you please marry me?"

He nodded with tears rolling down his face again. "What kind of question is that?" I put the ring on his finger and stood, he pulled me towards him and I hugged him with all that I had. "Of course."